Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Hi Rock

how are you and Gordon getting on, hope you're well and happy. How is your gang of little ferals??

I've been in bed for many weeks now but getting stronger - could scream with the sheer frustration of it all - cabin fever in the extreme. The last two years have seen my DD worsen - must be my age - scream - I'm just glad to have this place to come to - still have my sense of humour, thank goodness.

It's sunny here but getting really cold, as long as the rain stays away I don't mind. How's the weather there? I saw all about the fires on our news, horrendous.

My kitties are well - I've given them both second names - Hamish Alexander and Silkie Antoinette - they are both wild little monkeys, I always thought of pedigrees as being sedate and calm - not these two.

Well I'm glad to be back on a daily basis - I wonder where Paul is, mind you the football (soccer) is still on almost every night here.

Oh I have tickets to see the Moscow Ballet in Feb, The Nutcracker - hope I make it - I saw a programme about Rudolph Nureyev and bought a DVD of wee Mikhail Baryshnikov in Don Quixote - my favourite ballet so far, my goodness but that wee man could dance. It's with the American Ballet - all brilliant.

I'm blethering on here Rock - have a nice day and say hello to Gordon.

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I know what you mean about cabin fever. Sometimes Gordon says, "Let's go to the market. You need to get out of the house."

Tarzan, the gray tom, is helping me. Charlie was here earlier. Huckle will be along soon. The three toms are the only ones who are brave enough to come in and spend time. Their favorite activity is napping on the carpet.

There are another 6 or 7 feral cats who show up at the front door for kibble. Also the occasional skunk, racoon or possum.

Gordon is at work. He audits files at a mortgage company. As you may have heard, the mortgage industry is going thru a crisis here. Business at his office is down about 80%. He says he is not worried about being laid off. But many thousands of people at other companies have been.

I hope you can make it to the ballet. I saw Nureyev and Margot Fonteyn in the 70s here in Los Angeles. She was about 59 years old and still had a body like someone in her 20s. They were incredible.

It was a wonderful performance. I enjoyed the Russian folk dancing troupe that I saw years earlier even more.

Ta-ta as they say in the movies.