RockGorYou Hit it on the Nail

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Jun 26, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hello Rockgor- since I have read your reply on applying for SSD- I am trying to swallow my pride. You are so right-I spoke to a lawyer last week and he will help me...

I'm going to talk to my therapist, I see her this Wed. I can't keep being proud, I worked 30 plus years and paid into the ss- I am 50 and I can't take it no more- Thank you again- wish me luck, dear man.

Janet
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

wish you luck. You've probably read lots of soc sec posts here and know that most people have wait a long time.

The Soc Sec people are so messed up they denied my mother. Her application was based on turning 65, and she WAS 65. Still she had to appeal and battle for a year or so.

When I turned 65 and applied I was told I had to apply simultaneously for soc sec based on disability which would then be denied. Does this make any sense?
  3. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thanks, Rockgor- Any dealings with the government is like a nightmare in he--. Anyways, I should have applied before but I didn't, because I felt I did not have the energy- but you really encouraged me(I can't tell you enough) and if they deny me, I'll keep going.

Take Care
    Janet
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Just sending you my love because you speak out and say it the way it is. (Even though it lands us in trouble)I apprecaie your wit and smarts.

Love Anne Cromwell