Rock's Gems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Quote from Rock's post to Rifki - in case you missed it

'Please excuse me for not responding earlier. I have a bad condition called ME. (Like Prince it was formerly known as something else.) '

Hope you don't mind Rock.....You really ought to write your very amusing, little gems down and have them published. I'm sending this one on to my friends.

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2007]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You are a bonnie Lassie.

Always nice to be appreciated. I suspect, generally speaking, that most people don't get enough hugs or appreciation.

Have you seen Stephen Wright, the American humorist? He is so mournful, yet says some really funny things. Here's one I read recently.

I'm not afraid of heighths, just widths.

Hope things aren't too gray in Scozia today.

3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

think you're right about us not getting enough entertainment and starved for hugs.......

Will check out Steve Wright, never heard of him.

Sunny but blowy here today but so nice not to have rain!! We're counting on and Indian Summer as we haven't had one yet.

4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

that we should go back through Rock's posts and gather together some of his most quotable quotes!

There are many, it would be a very big job!

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Rafki but time consuming.

Maybe keep a note of them from now on!!

6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Rock is full of it--I mean full of them--isn't he?

Rafiki, I like the idea of collecting Rock's gems. There would be very many, that's for sure.
  7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I haven't been posting much, going through a "blue" period. But I had to comment and say that Rock's "gems" have brought me many smiles! I am always fascinated with his intelligence and wit. So, thanks Rock! Kim :)
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

love your word plays etc! Keep 'em up, even tho I don't post as much recentlyl, I do read every so often...