Rocky River, OH Air Pollution Quite Bad - Source Troubleshooting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Elisa, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi all,

I live in a suburb of Cleveland, OH and lately the air is so full of smoke and pollution I wonder if I will need to sell my home.

I have inquired with the city and fire department and they say it might be some illegal incinerators being run at night. There is a shopping center nearby and I see lots of either smoke or steam being exhausted after dark.

I am wondering how to get to the bottom of it for my own sake. I myself have severe breathing problems and have friends with children with asthma and this situation isn't healthy.

I have air cleaners in my house on several levels - but I love to open my windows - I love fresh air. I also love to take walks when I can with my dog.

It used to be great here - but something has changed.

So if anyone has run into a similar problem in their city - and has some troubleshooting ideas - I am all ears!

2. Elisa

Elisa Member

In my pursuit of "real numbers" on this air quality concern I found this site - where you can look up your local air quality - in case any one wants to look into in their city:

Here's Rocky River's air quality/pollution profile today - not so good, overall score 3.3 out of 10 - with 10 on the scale being excellent air quality.

It breaks this number down by pollutant.

It was a nice sunny day here - without much humidity - so I wonder...

Take care,