roids that wont quit bleeding

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Oct 8, 2005.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Any ideas on treatment on riods? I havent had them in 24 years, now all the sudden I have them bad, and they bleed really bad when I go. I am conserned since I don't heal well from the diabetes. If I could never have a bm again, they might clear up, ha-ha. If anyone knows of a home remedy please let me know. God bless, Julie

Sorry to be so graphic, but I am about at the end of my rope with the pain, ect.
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

Maybe try epsom salts bath it will sooth. prep H, of course and talk to your doc. Dont take asprin products right now either, they thin your blood. Good luck!
    Dar
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

First You should probably have your doctor check you out to be on the safe side..

Some things to get quick relief from pain etc..
    **Soak in a tub of warm water, the warm water helps kill the pain while increasing the flow of blood to the area, which can shrink the swollen veins.

**Use premoistened wipes, Im almost postive they have Preparation H Medicated pads.

**Witch Hazel~ take a cotton ball and dab Cold witch hazel to the rectum...if it is external hemorroids. Buy you some witch hazel and just chill in the fridge for a bit to get cold. Witch Hazel causes the blood vessals to shrink and contract. Hold the cotton ball to the rectum until no longer cold.

** Also hemorrid cream..

Hope you get relief soon...
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  4. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

all the advice above is great, one more thing the doc told me was to stay off your feet. I guess when you are on your feet you make more pressure.

Because of your diabetes I would check with your doc too.

Granny
  5. tejanya

tejanya New Member

i take lactolase to get me regular ( like normal people). it has a banana taste but really helps. it was suggested operation but that is not the way for me. i do not heal quickly, then there is the fibro thing. anyway, it has helped lesson the bleeding and the stools are not as hard to pass. no dyeing-rear either. which is great. i have used anusol hc-1 on the outside and its helped those times i just did not take the lactolase. stupidity would be the reason for lack of using what is good for me. wait, that's rebellion, which is stupidity. of the circles we go through.
    thank for the info.
  6. fahan

fahan New Member

Not a good thing. It's been many yrs. since mine. I take vit. E to soothe my bottom when it seems to be getting dry, It does work.

Also the warm baths did help and not hurrying during the process if you know what I mean.

Dried calendua petals infused with cocoa butter, shaped into the famous bullet shape, and then put into the refrigerator for 24 hrs. then can use. helps.

Good Luck, fahan
  7. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Thanks for all the advise. I am going to go get in the tub really quick. I got the witch hazel and will try it after I get out. Thanks again, Julie
  8. poodlemommy

poodlemommy New Member

dear hagardreams. do not take this lightly . Get a colonsocpy. This is what happend to my mom and her doc just kept putting it off . Then a year later she was diagnosed with bowel cancer. Get checked now. please
    hugs, pooldmum
  9. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Julie,

I know your pain! I found a website that has input from a lot of different people about dealing with anal fissures, which is what the 'roids turn into if they get a chance. The link is: http://www.boardsailor.com/jack/af/index.htm In case the link gets deleted, the page is called "Anal Fissure Self Help Page."

I read through the suggested treatments and my money is on patient #6. I tried the Kondrumel (sp?) and it works!

You won't think you were graphic at all, once you see this website! Good Luck!

Francie
  10. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I have tried all kinds of ointment and creams, now anything I put on, is making the pain and burning so bad I cant even sit, or lay down. This is ungodly, I dont' know how much more I can take. Any advise on what else to try? I might be heading to the EMR this morning if I cant quit hurting so bad. God bless, Julie
  11. Pat45

Pat45 New Member

There's nothing quite like the pain of anal fissures!

They are actually a split or tear in the sphincter muscle.

I suffered for decades with hemmoroids...miserable and painful. But when the pain got really extreme it was because I had developed fissures.

I finally had to have the surgery (sphincterotomy and hemmorroid banding).

As scary as it sounds it really was not bad. The relief was immediate!

It is an embarassing problem, but please don't wait in pain any longer. Get it checked out by a Dr SOON.

I have IBS with extreme constipation so I take prescription laxitives and fiber to keep things moving...

Good luck to you.

Take good care, Pat