Rolfing going okay!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Oct 5, 2005.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I had been going along okay and then BOOM!- massive pain set in. My Dr suggested Rolfing, so what the heck, I was to the point where I would try anything to make it stop.

I do have to say that the sessions themselves are somewhat painful, working the fascia to get it loose, but afterward my pain has been eased tremendously. I have had a knot in my shoulderblade for a year that no one could get out- He made it go away!! A MIRACLE!!! That is like the biggest freedom to get that stabbing knife in the back gone!

I have more freedom of movement, and my alignment is already better after 2 sessions. Hope I can stand to make it thru the rest- LOL!
  2. KerryK

KerryK Member

Please let us know in a couple of months. My experience with that therapy is that the results only last a few weeks to a month. Very expensive in the long run.

Good luck.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

was too rough for those of us with FMS, but sounds like it is helping you. Too bad the rolfing sessions are so painful, although I am sure the end result makes it worth it.

I've been going to physical and occupational therapy for a week now-too early to tell how much it will help. But I am keeping an open mind and trying to be upbeat about it. They are very gentle on me-it's called myofascial release. It feels really good while the therapist is doing it. Then they have me get into a pool (the water is 95 degrees) and do exercises. That feels great, too.

Anyway, hope this continues to help. Maybe the sessions will become less painful in time?

Ellen