Roll Call: Oprah

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shoobie, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

OK. So exactly how many of us have written to Oprah within the past 6 months?

-Shoobie
  2. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

OK. So exactly how many of us have written to Oprah within the past 6 months?

-Shoobie
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I emailed Oprah.
  4. judee

judee New Member

Yes, my child has FM, I have e-mailed so many people: Oprah, Maury, GMA, the list goes on. No responses yet. I think we need to start some kind of drive or something. Maybe if they get flooded with a bunch of mail from all over they will take notice. I have had such a hard time finding any help out there for kids with FM. Her physician says it is entirely different with children and I am having a hard time getting the word out that this also happens to kids. A lot of doctors and people still believe that it is an "adult" illness.
    Judee
  5. LBinCA

LBinCA New Member

Shoobie....5 sent to Oprah...2 to GMA, and requests to various Media Sources...ie: Major Newspapers/Metropolitan area...LOcal Newspapers.

Let me know if I can help anymore! Love, Lori
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2002]
  6. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

this past week
  7. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I sent a poem I wrote about cfids.I put it under cfids victim.They sent me this immediately,Dear cfids victim,Thank you for your e-mail!Your message is important to us.Unfortunately,due to the volume of e-mail messages we receive every day,we cannot guarantee that you'll receive a personal response.Feel free to check out our Frequently asked questions for additional help.Thanks again for writing to us!Sincerely,The Oprah.com staff.I assume that this is the letter we all received!Tracey
  8. Coping

Coping New Member

I've sent 3 in the last 6 months.

Tricia
  9. BethM

BethM New Member

this week.
    Beth.
  10. nana42

nana42 New Member

I sent a messsage under a future program about lossing something important. I replied that I had lost myself, and felt trapped in a body totally foreign to me, much like a stroke victim might feel.
  11. dlizard

dlizard New Member

mail from me to Oprah! (( it was long too ) LOL>>>>>>>>
  12. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Yes as you know I emailed Oprah and I sent the same mail to Montel
    ciao 4 now
    Sandy
  13. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

I have emailed twice, once about a month ago, and again the beginning of this week! Wildcat
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat New Member

That just hit the spot perfectly! Nicely put! Wildcat
  15. SAS

SAS New Member

I, too e-mailed awhile back.. Time to send another!!!
    Shirley
  16. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

That makes at least 14 of us! I'm sure there are many others on this board alone who have written.

If you send more than one letter, do you just send the same one again or do you change it to a different angle?

I wrote to Montel too.

Thanks for replying everyone! And thanks for being a "voice"!!

-Shoobie
  17. pepper

pepper New Member

and got the same reply as TiredbutWired. I wonder if they differentiate between CFS and FM? My e-mail was about CFS although I did indicate that I came down with FM later on.

I don't think she's interested.

I think back to the one small part of her program that was about a mother and daughter with CFS and how the daughter got through university despite her illness. I thought it was an unfair slant since so many of us are incapable of doing anything like that any more. The fact that the illness varies greatly from person to person wasn't even mentioned. I was asked by a number of people after that show why I could no longer work. (Yeah, I would really rather stay home and lose my income from teaching!)

Pepper
  18. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

...as a member of Oprah's web site? I am wondering if that may get us closer to being heard. I have received those "do to the heavy volume of emails... blah blah blah" before from several different sites.... mostly the television sites. I joined and as soon as I can sit up long enough.... I will be gtrying to contact them that way (I saw something where you can submit ideas for future shows)

Blu
  19. INHISGRIP

INHISGRIP New Member

HI JUST EMAILED OPRAH I GUESS WHEN SHE SEES MY AGE SHE MIGHT DO SOMETHING FOR THIS OLD LADY.

GRAY BUT STILL KICKING.

INHISGRIP (DOROTHY)
  20. dls

dls New Member

from here in the UK, about 3 months ago...
    every little helps!
    Di xx

[ advertisement ]