Room mates - I have FM - tips?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by no1buddybear, Apr 10, 2006.

1. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

Hi, I have had FM for about 3 years and work a full-time job in the office. I'm living at home with my wonderful parents, but soon I want to get out flatting (find a couple of room mates). I'm worried about how I will cope with chores etc - I want to make sure I pull my weight, but some days I am just too sore to do anything. any tips/experiences?
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2006]
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

But I know of ones that got an apt. with a room mate. If you get the right person, it is good. But it is hard to find that right person.

They can be night people (or vice versa), play loud music and you want to sleep. Leave clothes around, do not take out trash or do dishes. Eat your food or finish your last bottle of water or juice. Or you find out that special snack was eaten by them, when you went to get it.

Or you being sick, they might get upset if you went to bed and left dishes in the sink.....etc. Might not keep the mail together and for you to see.

I would never recommend that you put a phone in your name. If they make a lot of calls or a friend of theirs does, you are stuck with the bill if they move on and do not pay. Same with any utility bills.

So I think all should be put down in writting....no surprises from either of you. As long as it is agreeable by both, it could work. Susan
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

house cleaner a couple of times a month...or more...maybe you should discuss this w/your new roomates?

i only roomed w/my now ex-husband...and now our son is 16 years old...

but it is part of life trying to work things out among adults. you will figure out what you like and don't like in living w/other people...

i personally do not want to live with other people and not sure if i ever want to have another man in my life...to cook, clean and do their laundry....

jodie
  4. no1buddybear

no1buddybear New Member

I'm new to the message board, so I'll have to keep on reading to pick up the correct usage of terms! LOL

(no1)buddybear
  5. Katee32

Katee32 New Member

I'm new to the board and don't really have any advice. But, I wish you luck and hope others can help you.