RORO!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU HERE CFS IS LIKE AIDS? NOW I'M SCARED!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamela, Sep 28, 2002.

1. pamela

pamela New Member

Oh my Gosh!!! Don't mean to sound ignorant, but all this is new to me still. I know I have FMS and I don't get sick like viruses so I really do not know about the CFS if I have it totally, but what the heck????? Aids??? What do you meann it is like aids? you scared the #*#*#* out of me... DOES THIS MEAN IF IT IS WE ARE GOING TO DIE LIKE THE AIDS PEOPLE? Please respond ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! Pamela
  2. pamela

pamela New Member

Oh my Gosh!!! Don't mean to sound ignorant, but all this is new to me still. I know I have FMS and I don't get sick like viruses so I really do not know about the CFS if I have it totally, but what the heck????? Aids??? What do you meann it is like aids? you scared the #*#*#* out of me... DOES THIS MEAN IF IT IS WE ARE GOING TO DIE LIKE THE AIDS PEOPLE? Please respond ASAP!!!!!!!!!!! Pamela
  3. sean

sean New Member

Don't take what people write to the board as gospel, I believe I read the original article. not the one that was posted, I mean the original some time ago, although I can't remember a lot about it I do remember being unconcerned about it. The way I read it It wasn't saying that aids is the same thing, or even that CFS could be damaging like aids. Hopefully Roro will be able to explain properly, but I you need to stop worrying to much, there's far to little actually known about the condition, and far to much theorising.
  4. SharonR

SharonR New Member

It means we are going to grow old and suffer unless they find a cure, or at least 9000 different cures for all our ails. Don't mean to be calloused, but, no, it is not life threating unless you carry out an unhealthy lifestyle.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  5. roro

roro New Member

And i wanted people to read the article and rassure me that it was not true, but they wont allow me to post the link here. I posted how to search for it in the post "This is scary"
  6. roro

roro New Member

I have a 12 year old son, and I dont want him to catch it.
  7. sean

sean New Member

There are quite a few articles on the subject of the CFS, AIDS link. EXPLANATION IN SHORT: Human herpes virus 6
    (HHV-6) It is from what I can gather present in both Aids and CFS. It is the only virus capable of completely wiping out The natural killer T Lymphocytes T4 or (CD4) cells, probably the most powerful immune defence cells in the body. The difference is that in Aids patients that's exactly what it does, but in CFS it apparently causes the T4 cells to hide in Lymph nodes where they can not be detected by blood tests. So that a CFS patient will show an extermely low lymphocyte count that is akin to that of a person diagnosed with Aids. The orignal article on this connection was first published in 1991, but the research apparently ran into some roadblocks and has made little progress since.
  8. lease79

lease79 New Member

haven't heard about this before. But it has me un worried.
    CFIDS & FMS seem to be linked to, or blamed on every disease known to man, so why is AIDS going to be any different?
    I have had this since I was 11, I am HIV, Hep A, B, C, negative, one sexual partner my entire life.....
    Suppose that I have had this so long now, that nothing surprises me anymore.

Lease
  9. Thella

Thella New Member

Don't worry.
    I have had CFS for 25 years. Still kicking.
    I also have 2 adult children and we were always hugging and kissing each other. They show no signs what so ever of CFS or fibro. One has a child and he also shows no signs of ever slowing down.
    I also got CFS while pregnant so if my children were going to catch it I think that would have been when they would have gotten it.
    Take care
    Thella
  10. queenbee69

queenbee69 New Member

Hey Pam...sorry to hear about your pain in the butt. Im glad some people have answered you. I myself dont have that certain pain. Im wondering if you are the same Pam who had a posting that I responded too? I never got a response back.....Are you the same Pam who was injured in a car crash.......