Rosacea only when having a fibro flare?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mcfie, Apr 12, 2015.

1. mcfie

mcfie Member

I'm still trying to understand what's happened to my body. I got sick almost two years ago, I know the exact date, I got sick and I just never got better. At first I thought I was dying, as in literally, something was killing me and they just didn't know yet. I'm starting to except this is my new normal but I'm still hoping and praying something will cure me.

My question right now, that my new doctor or my dermatologist didn't have an answer to, is I've been treated for fungal infections 3 times in the last 6 months (confirmed with a biopsy) but my dermatologist feels it is gone, he feels my flare bumps are rosacea. However what I find so confusing is when I have a fibro flare (new doctor hasn't diagnosed me yet, another one did but I didn't like them so left) is the only time my rosacea gets out of control. My rosacea has the bumps and also feels burning/hot, so it's uncomfortable (plus, obviously red). I tested negative on the lupus test and the inflammation test.

Why does everything go to hell in a hand basket at once? Why the pain, fatigue, migraine, sleep issues, and rosacea but when I feel fine (and there are days and weeks I feel normal, thank the good lord!) I also don't have my skin issues??? Why would my skin issues mirror the pain?? This has always effected me most especially around my cycle (I'm 43, had a hysterectomy last year in an attempt to feel better, it did help some symptoms, kept both ovaries).

I'm starting to realize my first fibro symptom might have been when I was pregnant almost 20 years ago. I started waking up in the middle of the night in extreme pain. Then after giving birth, it happened during my periods, I would again wake up in horrible pain at 2-3 am. No doctor ever knew why and I never pushed it. Starting Amitryptaline last year fixed that, thank goodness, at least I can sleep.

I didn't mean to write a novel, thanks for any help!