Rosacea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SPR30, Jul 12, 2006.

1. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Saw dermatologist today. I have severe rosacea. It can be disfiguring and affect your eyes. If you look red faced and think you have it go to the rosacea site, they have great info and photos.
    I got a topical antibiotic cream (metro) that I will use 2x a day. Rosacea is not cureable, it is chronic, but needs to be managed. I didn't think it was such a big deal til today.
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I had the laser treatment on mnine and it worked really well. I still use Finacea on it and it works better for me than Metro lotion. good Luck! I also use mineral makeup bare essentials and I love it! Lynn
  3. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

I want to try the makeup you are using. Where have you purchased it? It is a bit expensive.
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It can also be confused with what is called the "Lupus Mylar Rash". Make sure that it is Rosacea.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Derm said it was rosacea.....I think the lupus rash is smaller or covers less area of tte face. Anyway, he is suposed to check the skin biopsy for lupus, my rhumay suspects I will soon get a dx of lupus or MS. I wish I would get a better dx, so maybe I could find some helpful therapy. I have too many dx....i think there is more to it.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/12/2006]
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I buy it at Ulta 3. I liked that because they helped me match the shade I need. Sometimes they have coupons in the paper. It is expensive but you only buy one thing. I buy the makeup and don't have to buy powder anymore. So you save there and one container lasts me longer than the foundation I was using. So I think it comes out fairly close to even. I like it because it is very gentle on my skin. It feels like you are wearing nothing and the color match is amazing. I was very skeptical about it until I tried it on my dermatologists suggestion. I was thinking how could a powder be a substitute for liquid makeup but somnehow it works. Good Luck Lynn
  7. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

Is that a store?? I have never heard of Ulta3? I would love to try it, I wanted to see how someone with skin like mine liked it. People on TV have skin issues, but not like mine. I bet it would really help tone down the rosacea and make me look more normal. I stay at home, so it would last me a long time. How well does it combat redness???
    I will definitely give it a try, tell me more about the place you got it please.
  8. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I would love to know where to get it and have it help me.
    Tigger
  9. jake123

jake123 New Member

Ulta does have a website. Just the w thing, their name and the dot and then com.