Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, May 25, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

YEAH! Just announced, she won't be back. YEAH!
  2. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'll miss her on The View but I'll be keeping up with her elsewhere.

Peace out,
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I doubt that I'll be watching The View too much any more either.

My guess is that she'll be doing more on her blog which she loves. It's a better fit for her. As a big blog fan, I totally get that.

I'm not American so I feel that I shouldn't really comment here on the politics of it but the US certainly seems divided these days and it was nice to see people able to really talk from their hearts about what mattered to them. I'll miss it.

Peace out,
  4. LadyC

LadyC New Member

I couldn't be happier.
  5. jmq

jmq New Member

she just needs a different forum. I never even watched the View until she started.

Oh well...our differences make it interesting.

6. YES! I could not believe how they let that argument go on so long with Elisabeth and Rosie. You could see they were both mad. I think Joy and Barbara will be so happy so see her go, no matter what they say in public. What are they going to say "good riddance." Rosie was just so LOUD, and went to far on HER opinions, and did I mention she was LOUD.
  7. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

Toodles tootsie!

Rosie was too liberal, loud, obnoxious and mean for me. I like Elizabeth...the conservative one.

I read an article on Elizabeth and she said she and Rosie where friends. They obviously had differences of opinion on politics though. I think people should agree to disagree. Everyone has their own opinions. People should stay polite and respectful when sharing their "Views."
  8. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

we should let this go?

The politics of the situation lie perilously close to the surface.

Peace out,
  9. kriket

kriket New Member

I could WATCH the show only if I had the mute button on. My nerves could not withstand all that nonsense.

10. Chickypoo

Chickypoo New Member

As a wife of a national guardsmen and before that an active duty soldier, I took offense when Rosie said that "our U.S. soldiers are terrorists" My husband spent 5 months over in Iraq in a M.A.S.H like unit and there was a lot of stuff he just couldn't talk about to me for a long time!!! Our military men and women are trying to help the Iraqi people NOT hurt them. A lot of good things have happened over there that you don't read about because it is not as interesting or as exciting as the bad stuff that you hear about!!! Chickypoo Rosie is gone! Good riddance!!! is all I can say.
  11. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I had hoped that she would be good for the show, but boy has she changed, from the "Queen of Nice", to be a big blow hard.

I saw the show, and I was shocked, at what she said, and I thought, well, go Live over there, take your Millions and go Help the People, and see , what kind of response she would get.

My Bro, who is a VN Vet, and is living in the LB Va NH, was so upset by her, and her sounding off, the way she did.

Yes, I am glad she is gone, nothing positive, has come out of this, but at least, I won't have to watch her, being so Bossy and Pushy.

Sorry for those that do like her, and I think it's nice that you still support her, we can't all think alike, but that dosen't mean we aren't entitled, to our Views without being attacked, (verbally) by someone who dosen't agree with us/you,

WOnder who will be the Next Chair, ?????

12. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I agree with Pottersclay, Chickypoo and Rafiki -

Rafiki said what I believe and that it is time to move on to another subject. I first started watching the View when it first started and then got so I couldn't stand it even before Rosie came on. I think the only one I could stand watching and listenng to at one time got to be Meredith and after she left ( or sometime before it) I quit . I tried a couple times to put it on and couldn't stand to watch it or her besides some of the others.

*****However, we all must agree to disagree respectfully !! I like to stay out of politics discussions, even in my family. It is one of those very sticky subjects and can cause huge, very loud disagreements, to say the least. There is alot to say about Rosie but I won't !

So, when we get into the politic thing for discussion, I am outta here !! I don't think that Rosie helped that show even if Barbara said their ratings went up beecause of her. Sorry !!!

Warm hugs to all,

[This Message was Edited on 05/30/2007]
  13. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Until Rosie joined and then it took off like a rocket.
    Rosie was great at first but she got out of hand towards the end.

I never watched the show until Rosie came onboard.
    It was said Rosie was on antidepressants and I think she is dealing with some inner struggles.

They are gonig to need a big name like Joan Rivers or some other fun liberal or the show ratings will sink like a rock.