Rough days ahead, inevitable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betsy2, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

It seems like I spend two weeks out of every month struggling my menstrual cycle. First I become really bloated like 14 days before I menustrate, then a few days later I get a dull ache for a day or two in my tummy and for two weeks I am tired and irritable. I will lash out at anyone in a second. I don't like feeling this way and I don't like myself during this time. Anyone else have this problem.
  2. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

I used to have PMS really bad, but I take a birth control pill now and that has really helped to regulate me. I still get pretty severe cramps, but they usually only last a day or so. Sorry you're go through such a rough time every month.
    Hugs, D
  3. kgg

kgg New Member

I too have had this problem. I started taking progesterone. It helped with some of the symptoms. I still really struggle with the fatigue associated with that time of the month.
  4. phenom

phenom New Member

having painful periods is a symptom of FMS. i used to be on the pill for this, and now have a hormonal implant that lasts three years. with the implant, my periods are irregular (which i don't mind) and i haven't had one in 3 months now - this may be a solution for you - if you only have them every few months i'm sure it would be less irritating! talk to your doctor, there are lots of options for you.

phenom
  5. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

Thanks for all of your imput!
  6. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

I had used up all my short term disability and FMLA in a 12 month period and they told me I could go on a voluntary leave of absence (no pay) with no indication about how long that would last. After five months they sent me a letter to let me know they had terminated me. Because my short term disability was broken up within that 12 month period and I had only been on a leave for a month when they notified me my short term disability had stopped, they wouldn't allow long term disability because I hadn't been on short term disability for 26 weeks continuously. It broke my heart even though I had applied for SSD. I thought my boss was better than that. She seemed to be a real caring person but she didn't even warn me that my time was running out or that I was on the verge of being terminated.