Round 2 - Please Vote again For WPI and help all of us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, May 19, 2011.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Round 2 of Chase Community Giving has begun!
    Don't hesitate. There are only a few days to vote.

The Whittemore Peterson Institute (WPI) is 1 out of 100 charities that won a $25,000.00 grant during the first round of Chase Community Giving. Now, WPI is competing for a $500,000.00 grant, and you can help! Please cast your vote, ask your Facebook friends to vote, and spread the word about the important work of WPI. If you have a Facebook account, please cast your vote for WPI by following the instructions below beginning May 18th at 9 pm PST through May 25th at 9 pm PST.

STEP-BY-STEP Instructions:

1. From your Facebook page, go to Chase Community Giving:
    2. "Like" Chase Community Giving by clicking on the "Like" button.
    3. Now search for Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease.
    4. Cast your vote for WPI by clicking the "Vote Now!" button.
    5. Please remember our neuro-immune disease community and share in the Love and Giving by voting for other organizations who speak to your heart -- you can vote for up to 5 organizations per Facebook account.

The Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro-Immune Disease (WPI) was created to answer a critical need for discovery and medical treatments for those with serious illnesses that impact the body and the brain. These often debilitating and life-long diseases, including M.E., CFS, fibromyalgia, post Lyme disease, GWI and autism, have too few medical solutions. WPI continues to make significant strides through the work of our innovative research program. Translating novel research into effective patient treatments for millions around the world will begin with the opening of our 10,000 sq. ft. medical facility. Here we can engage in revealing clinical trials and provide onsite care to those who are unable to afford care. We require funding for initial expenses and to establish a patient fund. WPI's commitment to discovery has already inspired much hope worldwide. Now it is time to put hope into action by offering meaningful patient care to these underserved populations.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I chose to vote for the CAA since they already have a good record with research.

I might have voted for the WPI a year ago but TBH, with the way things have been going there, I feel more comfortable voting for the CAA, but that's my choice and other's may feel differently..

Let's hope for better research in the days ahead for whomever gets the money. It's been needed for a long time.

Thanks for the reminder about this. I had forgotten about the second round.

Take care.

[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2011]
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Every person gets 5 votes, and more than one place can win. IOW, people can vote for both.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

for both WPI and CAA. An easy way to do it is to go to the opening PH message board page (the page where you click on which message board you want to go to) (see and there are links there for voting for both WPI and CAA, you can click on each one at a time.

Doesn't hurt a bit! so do your bit -

5. QuayMan

QuayMan Member

From the Whittemore Peterson Institute Facebook page:

A message from Annette Whittemore:

"As the competition moves along more charities are combining efforts. In the spirit of working together for patients, we're asking for people to use any unused votes to help support the CAA. Many have already voted for both and we thank you. Let's make medical research and patients a priority on this top 10 list for Chase."

Links for the two organisations are:

(i) the CFIDS Association of America:

(ii) the Whittemore Peterson Institute
  6. bakeman

bakeman New Member

It was easy. Thanks for the reminder!