Rozerem for Sleep Anyone Tried???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Aug 18, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Has anyone tried Rozerem. I have samples and am always afraid to try something new.

2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I haven't tried rozerem myself. I just wanted to give you a pat on the back for posting about it and for being brave enough to ask for samples. I too feel like I'm playing Russian roulette when I'm swallowing something new.

Hope this will be a good one for you. :)
    ((hugs)) Shannon
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I did not take it. Tonight I used Ambien. I am presently rotating from Restoril 15 mg to Ambien 10 mg. Plus I add the over the counter sleep aid.

My doctor likes that I rotate the Restoril to avoid tolerance. Rozererm is a whole different drug. It can affect your hormones and I am in menopause and don't need more problems with hormones.
  4. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I tried Rozerem for awhile but it did not work well for me. It is a new type of sleep medicine that is non-addictive, so doctors often suggest it. It works on your body similarly to melatonin. Unfortunately, melatonin gives me nightmares!

Good luck,
    Kat
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Gosh I am like this too. Won't try pills as I am scared of them. I have had Zanaflex in the drawer for weeks and still cannot bring myself to try it. My sleep is awful.

Love Anne Cromwell
  6. ckball

ckball New Member

I have tried Rozerem, but like you I take Ambien. It does not work for me very well. My Dr gave me the ambien cr and the rozerem, she said try the rozerem first because once you take the ambien the rozerm work work.

I tried it for several nights and then took the ambien and got some good sleep.

I think it may work for someone who has never taken any sleeping meds, but I am not one of those.

It won't hurt you to try but if your on restoril and ambien I don't see this working for you either. Carla
  7. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I tried it. It was expensive. My CRNP told me to give it a couple weeks to a full month. I did, and when th RX ran out, I threw away the bottle.

8. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Rozerem is for me. Acutally, I'd pay double the cost as it's the only thing that has consistentlly worked for 1+ years. Ambien wasn't for me. I was still awake at 6AM after taking it at midnight. Bummer

There's lots of discussion on Rozerem. Just do a search in upper left. It's worked great for some, done nothing for others. All drugs are hit or miss.
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am doing wishful thinking.... Yes I take Restoril (which also helps with my high strung personality and anxiety) and Ambien, just to rotate off the Restoril.

I would like to think I could go on a drug like Rozerem but I just have a feeling it would not work and I don't want to be up all night.

Thanks again for the responses, I sincerely appreciate it.