Rozerem - New sleep drug

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hey all. Just read about this new drug from japan called Rozerem - its non addictive and works much differently to the hypnotic drugs - non sedating. Apparently it works on the brains internal clock, making you sleepy by enhancing melatonin etc.

I suppose its not available in Australia yet unfortunately. Anyone know any good online places to buy drugs that arent completely over the top expensive?

Anyone trying it too?

Thanks, Chris.
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Anyone tried?
  3. darude

darude New Member

Keep us informed
  4. darude

darude New Member

Keep us informed
  5. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Thanks for those comments guys, will look some up in previous messages.

~Chris~
  6. CatsKimber

CatsKimber New Member

I did try it and it gave me insomnia and also the strangest feeling... it was like my body was asleep but my mind wasn't. The first night I took it, I didn't get a wink of sleep. The next night I was so exhausted that I fell asleep quickly and slept all night. And... woke up pain free for the first time in a LONG time. However, as I started working, a few hours later the pain came back. I was excited though and thought maybe this med would be the med to give me my life back. However, each time I took it after that, it just gave me terrible insomnia and made me worse. But, I react strangely to meds... maybe it will work for you! I hope so. Good luck and God Bless
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Thanks alot Cats.. handy info there.

Yes im the same, i react strangely to many meds.. mostly bad reactions unfortunately. I always get a new one hoping it will really help, and usually just gives me bad side effects and cant tolerate it after one or 2 doses. Sigh, always the same really.

Thanks again! Hope we find something soon. Take care. ~C~

8. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I've been on it for 1 month. Works better than Ambien or Lunesta. Had to get a refill & was denied by my insurance. Had 4 days of run around & finally got approvals working with my insurance & doctor. Now the drug store can't get it in stock for several days. Phooey!

Haven't had it for 5 days & each time I've been awake at 5AM because I still haven't slept. Supposedlly will get it tomorrow. Let's hope so!
  9. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like it does work well for some people then, thats good at least. I still dont think we'll get it in australia for a while yet though.

I currently have the sleep pattern of falling asleep at 5am and waking at about 1ish, and even then i have to force myself to get up. not good at all.

Hope your well. Take care. Chris.
  10. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Wolverine,
    That's exactly my sleep pattern even with Ambien or Lunesta. Rozerem seems to get me asleep by 5. Hoorah!