rubella vaccine=fms??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by amilyne, Nov 26, 2002.

1. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi everyone..ive been reading most of the posts about people with this and a low or no titre to rubella and all and this strikes me as really interesting...i am a nursing assisant at a large hospital in minnesota and as im sure everyone in the med profession knows when you start they test you for your vaccines and whatnot well....i was tested and i had no titre for rubella and had to recieve my vaccine again....this was about a year ago i was dx with this in april or may ....it just really makes me wonder if it has anything to do with this..i see my doc tomorrow and im going to ask him to test my titre(level) again to see if i am covered....ive read a few people on here have recieved multiple rubella shots and still no immunity...sooo this just really makes me wonder...anyone else wonder about this???
  2. amilyne

amilyne New Member

hi everyone..ive been reading most of the posts about people with this and a low or no titre to rubella and all and this strikes me as really interesting...i am a nursing assisant at a large hospital in minnesota and as im sure everyone in the med profession knows when you start they test you for your vaccines and whatnot well....i was tested and i had no titre for rubella and had to recieve my vaccine again....this was about a year ago i was dx with this in april or may ....it just really makes me wonder if it has anything to do with this..i see my doc tomorrow and im going to ask him to test my titre(level) again to see if i am covered....ive read a few people on here have recieved multiple rubella shots and still no immunity...sooo this just really makes me wonder...anyone else wonder about this???
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

I have had multiple rubella vaccinations and showed no immunity after each one. But I think it is related to my CFS, not my FM. I had the last of them in 1979 and my first FM symptoms weren't until the mid 90's. I've had CFS symptoms a lot longer.

Barbara
  4. amilyne

amilyne New Member

ya ive have the cfs too and i always thought that ive had a sleeping disorder since high school (i made them test me for mono all the time lol) but i dont remember having the pain as much before i got that vaccine ..maybe its not related but who knows seeing as i didnt have any immunity from my childhood one..and now about a week ago i got a notice from employee health that i need some other vaccine..i cant remember what it is at the moment but hmmmmmm ;?
    amy
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]