Rude or what

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellogs, Dec 15, 2002.

1. kellogs

kellogs New Member

Mikey is so rude I think maybe he should go to
    anger management,you would think if he really had
    a illness he would be a little more compasionate.
  2. kellogs

kellogs New Member

Mikey is so rude I think maybe he should go to
    anger management,you would think if he really had
    a illness he would be a little more compasionate.
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I don't believe I've seen a Mikey here...or did I miss something?

Marilyn :)
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

but Kellogg, you are way off base. You obviously do not know Mikie, she is a woman, not a man. She may sound that way sometimes, not rude but maybe abrupt and the fact is she probably gets frustrated, believe me she has to babysit us a lot, we post things here that we should not, we disobey the rules all the time and I am sure it feels like to her that she has to keep saying the same things over & over, it must get old.

Give her a chance, if you ever addressed a question directly at her you would find that she would bend over backwards to get whatever info you needed or direct you where to find it.

Lighten up and just give he some compassion, she is just doing a job here as a volunteer I believe so it is proably a thankless job a alot, kind of like parenting, it is not always easy to see the reward.

Jaci
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Now that is a first! I know she will tell you the truth, as she knows it, but have never heard anyone call her rude before.

Jaci is correct, this is a voluntary job, we donate our time to help, support, and keep this board free of solicitors and troublemakers.

Mikie is as ill as the rest of us, so am I.

As for anger, I have never known this lady to be angry in the almost two years I know her here!

Maybe you miss read a response from her.

Have a goodevening.

Shalom, Shirl

6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I can't even imagine what you might be referring to! It's Mikie & Shirl who have the cooler heads here when others might get out of line! Thank goodness for them, & their dedication to the board that means so much to the rest of us.

Pam
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am sorry if something I said or the way I said it conveyed rudeness or anger. I do get very busy sometimes and my responses can be terse.

I also don't have much patience for people who focus on what they cannot do. We have all lost a great deal to our illnesses and, believe me, I have compassion for this, but I do not believe it is healthy to dwell on it. I am not trying to invalidate anyone's feelings because our feelings are ours and we own them. Sometimes, we just need to vent and no one understands our frustration like the kind and compassionate people here. I'm working on this one. I will try to either not respond or to come across more compassionately when I do.

Two years ago, I was a mess. Even a year ago, I was very sick. I've had to research all my own treatments, all of which I learned about from the kind people here. It is possible to get better for many of us, but it takes patience and a lot of time. It also takes moving out of the victim mode and into becoming self-empowered. Unfortunately, people who are stuck in the victim mode do now want to hear this message. Many here have improved their health and quality of life, but they all have been very proactive in their own healing. This is not possible as long as one focuses on his or her losses.

My heart really goes out to those among us who suffer from multiple illnesses, are allergic or sensitive to many medications and treatments, and who, despite doing everything they can to heal, do not get well. Their pain and frustration are heartbreaking to me. Despite what you think of my communication style, I do care and pray for all of us every day.

I'll work on my tact, and again, I am sorry if I have offended you.

Love, Mikie
  8. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

This is the funniest thing I've heard in a week! Mikie rude?? LOL!! PUHLEEEZE!! Where's the punchline to this joke? LOL!! Please, somebody just slap me before I pass out from laughing!

Marilyn :)
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I think someone took something out of context or is just flat out trying to cause trouble. Mikie is one of the nicest persons I've known. She is upfront with her answers, which I like, but I don't find her to be rude. Excuse me, but you need to get a life and quit picking. You owe Mikie an explanation/apology.

Respectfully,
    Arlene
  10. DeeMerrk

DeeMerrk New Member

We smells a rat in the midst. Yep, it is about time for pot stirring!

Be gone with ye now!!!!
  11. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the bomb~~she rules! She is our fearless leader and we'll defend her to the bitter end~~~
    I think you may have been in a thick fibro-fog, Dear, 'cause you are truly mistaken here! Just chalk this up to a misunderstanding on your part and ask her for forgiveness.......
    With love,
    Kady
  12. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

rude...no way! She has done nothing but give me good informative advice and I can't thank her enough...this place is a place of healing, learning, and nurturing and I think she does all three VERY well...thank you Mikie....
    1Writer
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You guys are the best! I appreciate you all, but I think it's best we just drop this. There is some validity to Kelloggs' remarks and I am the first to admit I need to work on myself a tad.

The most difficult thing for me is to remember that we are all in different stages of dealing with our illnesses. I do try to keep this in mind, but it's still hard for me when I see someone who is stuck in a destructive pattern of victimization. However, people like this are not in a place where they are open to hearing the healing/staying positive message, so perhaps I should just keep my words to myself. I think I'll start an original post about this so that no one thinks I'm picking on him or her. It's simply impossible to heal when we keep one foot in victimization.

Again, thank you all and I appreciate all of you so much.

Love, Mikie