Running out of ideas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dawnt, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I am so nauseated and in pain this last week. I've tried everything suggested to feel better and am at the point that if someone told me something totally outrageous that would make me feel better, I'd try that too.
    I left Minnesota where I had a team of doctors to come home to Florida where there is no health care available for me now. (I didn't know this before I moved, I just wanted to be near my children again which I lost because of this illness)
    I'm just tired of the pain and the nausea and just plainly the illness.
    I eat right, drink lot's of water cut all the bad and added all the good. I take the bath's. I try using a heating pad on my legs. Right now, I only take compazine for the nausea and vicoden for the extreme pain. But it's come down to where I hord my medicine for fear of running out for when I "really" need them.
    I wrote Jeb Bush a letter this morning. I'm suppose to hear from SSI this week.
    I guess I'm just tired of the fight. And needed to vent.
    People talk of these flares only lasting a short time, I just don't understand that I've been in a flare since February. Or maybe this is how it's going to be always, god forbid.
    If anyone in florida has a solution to this health care system or any ideas to help ease the pain and nausea, I'd appreciate it.
    Dawn
  2. Dawnt

Dawnt Member

I am so nauseated and in pain this last week. I've tried everything suggested to feel better and am at the point that if someone told me something totally outrageous that would make me feel better, I'd try that too.
    I left Minnesota where I had a team of doctors to come home to Florida where there is no health care available for me now. (I didn't know this before I moved, I just wanted to be near my children again which I lost because of this illness)
    I'm just tired of the pain and the nausea and just plainly the illness.
    I eat right, drink lot's of water cut all the bad and added all the good. I take the bath's. I try using a heating pad on my legs. Right now, I only take compazine for the nausea and vicoden for the extreme pain. But it's come down to where I hord my medicine for fear of running out for when I "really" need them.
    I wrote Jeb Bush a letter this morning. I'm suppose to hear from SSI this week.
    I guess I'm just tired of the fight. And needed to vent.
    People talk of these flares only lasting a short time, I just don't understand that I've been in a flare since February. Or maybe this is how it's going to be always, god forbid.
    If anyone in florida has a solution to this health care system or any ideas to help ease the pain and nausea, I'd appreciate it.
    Dawn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There should be someone in Jax who can help you. I live in SW Florida and there is only one doc here that seems to be knowledgeable. It's amazing to me that in a state full of older people, there are so few good docs and hospital facilities. Keep looking. It took two years before I found out about the guy here.

Love, Mikie