Running with the Wolves

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clementyne, Sep 25, 2011.

1. clementyne

clementyne New Member

This weekend I had the opportunity to spend some time @ a sanctuary for rescued wolves - and while I didn't actually get any 'hands on' time with the wolves (I'm working on that!) I did get to be in close proximity & was able to spend time observing their behavior.

One wolf, the retired Alpha, has arthritis and I watched him struggle to stand. He looked like me trying to stand! But so beautiful & proud! Watching him helped me to remember that even though pain has hindered me, sometimes hobbled me, it does not negate the importance of my life. We are valuable, viable creatures of God and important in our own right.

I struggled to walk the grounds and my pain did not lessen but watching these beautiful creatures, each with their own story, their own personality, history and place within their community. Each one magnificent and noble. All intelligent and inquisitive. I realized that the sense of peace I had, while doing nothing to ease my pain in the slightest, at least made it

[This Message was Edited on 09/27/2011]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Being with nature and God's critters can often be the best medicine. I wonder whether they have tried glucosamine and chondroiten for the wolves with arthritis. It was used by vets for dogs for years before someone thought to try it on humans.

Love, Mikie
  3. clementyne

clementyne New Member

They told me what he was taking but of course I can't remember what it was!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Being with you was healing for him.

Love, Mikie