Rxs Monitored by Ins Co?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Sep 24, 2009.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I have recently been notified by one of my drs that my ins co is saying I have too many prescription meds. Looks like they are covering their behinds in case of accidental ODs (since that's been in the news due to recent celebrity deaths).

I spoke to my psychiatrist yesterday, she brought it up when I saw her. It's the pain meds, and muscle relaxants that they're concerned with. It kind of irked me because it was my primary Dr that prescribed them all to me.

I take 10mg Methadone daily and am almost weaned off Norco, will be off of it within the next wk. I don't take every rx med every day, they can count my Flexeril if they want to! I'm just irritated, I would of course rather not take all of these meds, it's not any fun!

Has anyone else had this happen? I have my monthly appt w my primary dr next wk, so I'm just wondering what he'll have to say since he was the one who prescribed my fibro meds. I'm wanting to reduce the meds I take, and I was planning on talking to him about this anyway. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

I'd like to wean off of the Methadone, but don't know how much to start reducing my doses. I take one 10mg pill, I guess it's a very low dose. I'm just so tired all of the time and the Dexedrine that I was taking has pooped out on me so I'm not going to continue taking it.

Maybe I'll try going back to Provigil, at least it's not addictive and it has worked well in the past. I was so happy w the dex, but all of a sudden I've developed a tolerance, and was feeling a bit "addicted" (wanting to up my dose etc)...now I'm so bummed out cuz I'm back to square one with wanting to sleep all the time:(

The fatigue always comes back=no quality of life. I'm back to being weak and sleepy 24/7, I hate it!

Thanks for listening....any input would be appreciated.

xoxo Hermit