?'s about new thyroid guidelines.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kloet4, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Kloet4

Kloet4 New Member

Awhile back someone wrote about the new thyroid guidelines. There was a web site mentioned I wrote it down but I can not find it now. I wanted to print it and take it to my doctor on Sept. 4th. Anyone with this info. would be much appreciated.

Thanks and God Bless.
    Lisa K.
  2. RoseSky

RoseSky New Member

The latest guidelines from the national endocronology organization (complete mind blank on the actual name right now) is 0.4-3.04. A lot of dr's are not aware of this, they are still going with 4.5 as the high end limit. According to the labs that process the test anything under 5 is considered normal, but most dr's go by 4.5. There are a few good websites out there and there is one that you can get the actual press release from when the new #'s were announced. Be careful with what you read on the web though. You can pretty much find someone to tell you anything you want to hear. There are a lot of dr's out there with different theories on how to treat thyroid problems. Most of them are going on their own trial and error though, not any scientific studies. I could go on and on about this because I just went through all sorts of stuff with my thyroid, but I won't bore you. If you find yourself in the same situation I did (lots of symptoms, but normal blood work), re-post and I will let you know some of the things I have tried.

Good Luck
    Adrienne
  3. dsames

dsames New Member

Hi Kloet

I just finished printing out the info re new thyroid guidlines to take to my dr. so am happy to send the info to you.
    In your search engine type in American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists and it will take you right to the site, with a nice press release type info sheet. Perfect for the dr.
    Good luck
    Shirley