S=Elaine, or Anyone....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doloresf1, Jun 18, 2008.

1. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Will someone please tell me how to retrieve old threads from the archives.

I've seen this mentioned and have often wondered how you do that.

S=Elaine, you have a tribute to your father in the archives, don't you? How do I get to read it?

Thank you very much.

dolores
  2. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

What a wise man.

How old were you when you became sick, Elaine? You are so fortunate to have such a wonderful father.

Thank you for posting this. I'm going to print it and keep it for inspiration. I hope it helps many more people cope with a disabling illness.

Hugs,
    dolores
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Thank you for your help. I'm in PA also! Lanc. Co. Where are you? Maybe we are neighbors :)

Hugs,
    dolores
  4. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

My son-in-law is from Amie, near Indiana PA. Coal mining country. Not too far from Pittsburg.

I live about 30 miles east of Harrisburg. About 10 miles southeast of Lancaster, Pa. Been here all my life. Wouldn't leave for all the world :)

It's always nice to meet someone on the board from "home". I believe you are fairly new and I want to say Welcome! We'll get to chat alot. Have a really nice day!

Hugs,
    dolores
  5. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

You asked about the weather here.

The strong cold front went through Tuesday evening.
    We had no bad storms here, just alot of windy weather, then much cooler. About 70 degrees yesterday and not much more today. Very breezy and cool, almost Fall-like.

Boy, is that kind of change ever hard on my body! Achey, achey!

Last evening we had a thunderstorm. I thought there was hail in it, but haven't heard that for certain. No storm damage, thank goodness.

Elaine, you do the right thing. When a storm comes close, I unplug my computer and many other things. I protect my computer at all costs.

Hugs,
    dolores
  6. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Yes. This is what I was looking for. Thanks!

I just was not sure how to retrieve the correct threads from the archives. I suppose I could have searched "father" and your username and sorted through it all. But, you saved me alot of work. Thanks again.

Your father was a wonderful mentor. Not too many of us have someone who can teach us the survival techniques that your father taught you. I have had to learn soooo slowly, and pretty much on my own.

Thanks for sharing wisdom and practical solutions.

Hugs,
    dolores
  7. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I'm sorry I made you cry. I know you loved your father very much. And he obviously loved you very much also. So sad you had to part for awhile. I believe you will see him again one day. Hugs to you.

I had to smile. You never realized you'd be relaying his messages all over the world via the internet, did you???
    That's pretty special.

Hugs,
    dolores
  8. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Hi there! Yes, it's getting warm again today. Tomorrow hot and sticky. Thunderstorms coming tomorrow evening.

I do the best in warm dry weather. Cold bothers me. Dampness bothers me. I have osteoarthritis along with my fibromyalgia. Maybe I'd do better in Arizona. But, I understand the cost of living there is very high.

I have a young lady come in and help me clean every two weeks. She was here today, so my home is all fresh and clean. (for now). I just went outside and cut fresh flowers and brought them in. Put them in a pretty vase and on my entertainment center. I'm all ready for the weekend.

How are you? Are you at home motly, or do you still work? I've been disabled for 12 years now. Probably won't go back to work now anymore. I'm 62 yrs.

Have a good weekend. The board is pretty quiet. Maybe everyone's outdoors gardening, etc.

Hugs,
    dolores
  9. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Oh my, you are dealing with Lupus. That's a tough one. The doctors thought I had that for several years, but never officially diagnosed that since I've never had a positive ANA or some other blood test they were looking at for Lupus. Eventually they decided I had fibromyalgia.

Your pets are cute. I don't have any. I sometimes think I'd like a dog, but then I rule it out because I don't think I could take care of one. I'm alone, so I don't have help. A long time ago I had a Chihuahua and just loved him. But, he was very sick and an old doggie when I had to say goodbye to him. Hard, hard thing.

The thunderstorms are coming my way too. They are in York county now and should arrive here very soon. Heavy downpours called for.

So you worked as a legal secretary. That explains your meticulous typing. I hope you can get the computer courses you would need to get back into an office. I worked as a deli clerk my last job. I loved it. Sure wish I could do it now. I always have enjoyed serving people.

I'm knitting baby hats to donate to a local thrift shop. They sell donated clothing, household items, jewelry, accessories, etc. and then donate all the money they make to local charities. (A fuel fund for heating oil for needy families, a food bank, a Christian counselling service, and a few other programs). In this way, I can give back to my community in a small way.

Well, must go for now. Take care.

:)
    dolores
  10. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Good to hear from you! Nice picture. Does the kitty have blue eyes? I don't know cat breeds but I've seen long-hair white cats with blue eyes that are beautiful. Is this one of these?

Last evening the storms went around my area to both the north and south. But, it's just gorgeous today, breezy and 80 degrees. Low humidity. I hung wash out on the line. Yes, my machine is finally fixed. It was a long haul but finally done.

Volunteer work is a great idea. There is a tremendous need for this. Let us know what you decide to do. Just take it easy at first and don't overdo. Maybe a few hours to try out your wings.

Hugs,
    dolores
  11. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Where are you??? Are you in Pennsylvania too? Or close by?

Wow! We are all more connected than we thought we were. We should all get together for tea!

LOL,
    dolores
  12. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

LOL Let me play cat psychologist for a moment.

Maybe your kitty doesn't like your dh because she is jealous that you show affection to hubby. Maybe she want's your total attention.

I don't know. But that sounds good, doesn't it? LOL

Hugs,
    dolores
  13. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

Sorry, I didn't get to the computer until now. So I missed your wedding pic! (Darn!!!)

However, there's one beautiful cat in your bio now!

I don't even know how to put a pic in my bio. Otherwise I'd post something too.

I'm having a sleepless night. Ugh! Hate those. But, washer is finally up and running. And my daughter and grandkids visited me yesterday. Had a nice time. Then I went and got some groceries. I'm very tired and cannot sleep. Sorry, I'm no fun right now.

It's 1:38 a.m. and I need a snack! Oh Oh that's not good. This nighttime eating is no good!

Hugs,
    dolores