Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Aug 1, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

If you had a buyer that had 244 Feedback Score (100% Positive) and one unpaid item-disputed item against them, would you still consider them a good ebayer?

I am facing that situation due to outrageous shipping costs. I didn't pay close enough attention to the shipping costs. I made a mistake. Plain and simple.

I was the only bidder on the items so I didn't cause her to lose out on a sale. If I hadn't bid and won them, she would be relisting them. But that is just my way of trying to justify my actions.

I am willing to pay the listing fee or whatever. I am backing out of a contract. I know there are conquenses and I accept it.

Just looking for your opinion. You are very fair with your buyers and I respect that.

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I just checked the listings and there is nothing about refunds. (330147559676 and 330147559555)

As soon as I won the auctions, and she sent me the invoice, I about fell over. Her auctions says she will combine shipping and reduce the cost. Well, I failed to see that the reduction was only $1.00

I contacted the seller immediately and said that I felt the shipping and handling was out of line. She said basically 'too bad too sad'. I then told her that I couldn't complete the transaction. There is an Unpaid Item Dispute on each item. I have responded to Ebay. I don't think she is going to come to a mutual agreement. I expect to have the bad marks against me.

I can't make it any clearer to her that I know I am in the wrong, and she can do what she needs to. If she isn't charged a listing fee because of me not paying, then I'm not going to offer to pay the listing fee.

Heck, for what she is charging for shipping, I could drive to OK and get them. Hey, that is an idea! Maybe we could settle it that way?

Thanks for all your help and input. I means a lot to see it from the seller's point.

3. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Actually, I collect that pattern of dishes, not just tea sets. When I was still in high school, my mom bought me those dishes through the weekly grocery store special.

Cheap cheap stuff, but it's so pretty. In fact, I had my last wedding in pink, white and grey, like the dishes. LOL! I just realized that. Glad the dishes lasted longer than the marriage. Tee Hee

4. budmickl

budmickl New Member

My first marriage. He made the front page today of the local newspaper today. He lives 300 miles away and runs a dairy farm. To make front page news from 300 miles away, it has to be something pretty big.

The state is suing him and wife #4 or #5 (I lost count) for polluting 3 wells in the area and putting sewage from the milk barn in a stream. He is fined $10,000 per day till he gets it fixed if he is in fact the cause of the contamination.

I knew there was a higher power and she is smiling a big grin right now!!!

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2007]
  5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Bumping for Elaine