S.O.B. w/curves membership?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Teresa6868, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

Hello all, I was just wondering if the ones of you that are going to the Curves workout program are having trouble with shortness of breathe, that is the only thing keeping me from joining, I don't know if I could exercise and breathe at the same time or not. Hope you can understand what my question is, this is a bit confussing I realize.

Thanks, Teresa
  2. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

Hello all, I was just wondering if the ones of you that are going to the Curves workout program are having trouble with shortness of breathe, that is the only thing keeping me from joining, I don't know if I could exercise and breathe at the same time or not. Hope you can understand what my question is, this is a bit confussing I realize.

Thanks, Teresa
  3. twjen

twjen New Member

Hi Teresa, my name is Jennifer.
    I havent heard of this program, but I have heard of some people with fibro. getting shortness of breath. This is one problem I have not gotten or noticed, but than again I dont excercise other than housework and stretching and dancing a little once in a while. Im interested to know if you had this problem before? Hope you do well.
  4. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

That is a great question and I can't answer it for sure because I am an ex-smoker as of January of this year, almost a year!!YIPEE!!! so of course I had shortness of breath, I was so excited when I quit because I wanted to be able to remember what it was like to be able to breathe again but the fibro hit and I still can't breathe. I exercised and lifted weights prior to this year's DX of Fibro. 3X a week for years and have now gained like 50 lbs. or more in 9 months and am soooooo down about it.

Teresa
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Yes, I go to this place to work out. However, I can't keep up with their pace, so I go when nobody is around and rather than listen to the radio tell me to change stations, I stay on each piece of equipment as long as I want, and just do 15 or whatever. This is what works for me. I work at my pace and make the rounds 3 times. I still get a little short winded when I get into some of the more strenuous exercises, but this is because I'm in such pathetic physical condition! The more often I go, the better my wind gets. My lungs are out of shape from being so sedentary for the past couple of years. They will improve and they WILL thank you for it!

Marilyn :)
    [This Message was Edited on 11/20/2002]
  6. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

Thanks Marilyn for your input. I wondered how I could keep up with those "time to move to the next station now" annoucements. Your idea was great, I just gotta try to get back into something again.

Teresa
  7. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

The gals that run this place know about my FM, so they encourage me to take my time and move at my own pace. In fact, their masseuse (sp) has FM too. As far as the lungs go, mine seems to get kinda stiff-like from lack of exertion, so if I do take a brisk walk on my treadmill, I will momentarily feel like I can't get a full wind, but if I force myself to keep going, it's almost as if my lungs shake off their cobwebs and begin to expand to normal size once again, then I begin to breathe like normal once again. It's got to be from lack of use!!

Marilyn :)