S.O.B.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am getting soooo frustrated with this shortness of breath thing going on, I lay on my side and I get winded as I am sitting here I feel like I just can't get enough air..I don't know what to do it's sooooo frustrating and pi**ing me off, I tried talking to my Dr about it and all she say's is that it's just my anxiety..I am tired of hearing "oh it's just your anxiety or oh it's just your fibro...everything that is happening to me is either "just my anxiety or Fibro. i hate this feeling of being out of breath.

Ann
  2. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

You might want to check with another doctor because this just doesn't sound right.
    Some doctors are just a** holes.
    Don't keep putting yourself through this!
    Hugs to you, P.S. Keep us posted!
    Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2006]
  3. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I out of options for Dr's there are no Dr's around me taking on new patient's, I don't want to let this go...but really what more can I do???
    Ann
  4. TAM

TAM New Member

HI ANN,

I also get short winded pretty much everyday i can't stand it either. my heart goes out to you, i know exactly how you feel and what your talking about when it comes to doctors they let so many of our complaints go in one ear and out the other.

you know darn well not everything can be blamed on fibro and anxiety, duh you just want to smack most doctors. i wish you the best and i hope you find a doctor that can help you soon. Tammy
  5. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

And tell them that you won't leave until every test has been done!
    Are you on meds now???? If they have done all the testing and it shows nothing try sleeping in a recliner or some extra pillows.
    I hope it all works out for you hon but if you need to vent,vent away we're all here for you,
    Hugs,
    Mary
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thats what my doctor told me.I also have shortness of breath.She told me about the muscles and FM .Our lungs are muscles so if we do to much we will have shortness of breath.

I get it just typing.

Sue
  7. libra55

libra55 New Member

I was diagnosed with it at age 45.

Michelle
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

or just lying in bed I still get s.o.b. I have several pillows at night and still nothing seems to work,

I feel like when I take in(or try)deep breath it just does not work for I can almost feel it in the middle of my chest, my heart is not racing or anything like that, even sitting watching t.v. or going for car rides (hubby drives as I can't for some reason)

I feel like I don't have a life anymore. maybe I will go to the hospital when hubby gets hoem, this is just driving me insane day by day.

Ann
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Dont mess with this it could even be your Heart.That is how my mother was .
    I have some shortness of Breath but you sound like this could be more .

Better safe then sorry go to the emergency room and make sure its not your heart.

Hopefully it is your Fibo or Anxiety but you need futher test to be safe.
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

It's horrible. I've had this problem for so long. It get it when I do the least amount of physical excursion. It is really bad when I bend over or reach. The degree of S.O.B. varies. There are so many times it affects me when trying to talk.

A long time ago they said it was asthma. When they found they my blood pressure was dropping, I was given a stress test. It had to be stopped within a matter of seconds because they thought I was going to have a heart attack. That lead to a heart cath where they saw no problem.

Later I was given an exercise test and again they thought I was having a heart attack. I am exercise intolerant.

My EKG's show abnormal waves but the echo did not show a problem. That is because when they do it you are in our favorite position...lying down.

Scans of my lung show moderate COPD. I will be going to a pulmonary doctor soon. Oh, I forgot, I went to one for S>O>B a couple of years ago and they said it was a type of GERD. THat wasn't it either although I do have GERD.

My CFS doctor said that she had doubt that because a great deal of CFS patients have this problem but she did not say why.

Now it wakes me at night. This is fairly new. It is a horrible feeling. The fatigue is horrible but adding lack of oxygen really curtails what you can do but I don't have to explain it to you.

My FM dr said that he didn't think that even moderate COPD would cause the severe problems that I can have with it.

OH and yes and some of the docs wanted to say it was panic attacks. Who gets panic attacks when you move or talk or walk up a slight incline. That really irritates me.

Best of luck to you! It is a horrible feeling and in itself it is enought to cause disability.