S.O.S.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cindyvr, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Hi Everybody,
    I know that I am more of a silent member and I am sorry for that. I am just so tired.
    It's getting to the point where my hubby and kids are getting tired of me and it hurts.
    My hubby found a friend at work and she has Fibro. She is working and she also races four wheelers and he doesn't get that I'm just tired. He's comparing us all the time and it sucks. I'm starting to get paranoid of their friendship and it makes me so insecure.
    I am trying to work and it takes everything I have to get through the day that when I get home I'm exhausted. I am a temp so I can't really talk to my boss and say hey this is to much without getting laid off. I can't do home and work and still have energy for anything .
    How does everyone else cope?
    Need all the help I can get with this!!!
    Thanks!!
    Cindy
  2. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

Cindy the fact you are still working is really impressive.
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

Cindy,
    I also am more of a silent member and can sympathize with being tired. I also still work and can attest to the fact that mixed with home and kids it's exhausting. I'm sorry that your husband is making you feel this way. Sounds like ya'll need to sit down and have a real heart to heart and sort out what's really going on. How old are your children? Could some of your meds be making you more tired? I don't really have any real coping skills except to take one day at a time. Sometimes I have to step back and regroup my priorities. Let the house go to spend time with the family, have frozen pizza instead of cooking, etc.! Above all else, remind yourself that you are special and doing the best you can!!!
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

If your husbands friend is working and racing four wheelers then she cant have fibro very bad, not everyone has it to the same extent. Your husband has to realise that.

I agree you should talk to him, spell out exactly how his friendship with this woman is making you feel. Tell him how hard you find it working and keeping home.

Get him to read some of the posts here if necessary or some other sites with info on fibro.

I had to give up work in 97, I didnt want to but my body just wouldnt allow me to keep working.

I hope you can work it out, please let us know.

love
    Rosie
  5. millennia

millennia New Member

People have Fibro to differing degrees. Many people here can no longer work at all, and here you are still working and raising a family. It is all I can do to go to school for a few hours a day, three days a week. You should ask your husband to read these boards so he can see how greatly the severity of our illness can vary.
  6. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Thank you gus for answering me. I did talk to him and told him his friendship with her makes me insecure which is causingstress that I don't need! I told him what was said on here and he agreed with you guys. He said he feels bad but he was just trying to give me information and he didn't mean anything bad about it. He said he would talk to her and we could all get together and let me meet her.
    Thank you all again! I really appreciate it!!
    Cindy
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

My SIL has FM, and it hurts to be compared. What hurts most is she looks down on me too -- for being so tired!

I want to scream, "But YOUR doctors give YOU opiate painkillers which give you a LOT of artificial energy!" Apples to oranges! Her symptoms are a lot different too.

I don't scream. But it hurts like a bugger to be compared.