Sacrament of The Sick

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by healsong, Dec 15, 2004.

1. healsong

healsong New Member

My name is Carol and this is my first post on this board, so please bear with me. I've been reading about you all and feel the deep care and love that everyone has for each other. You have inspired me, and I feel that I don't have to beat myself up with guilt about being sick.
    Just wanted to know if those who are Catholic, have received The Sacrament Of The Sick.
    Thank you all for reading my post.
    Love, Carol
  2. howdy2u4real

howdy2u4real New Member

no but have been thinking of it.
  3. Lupian

Lupian New Member

is your fault. If you find it comes from a person or people, please eliminate them from your life until they grow up and/or become educated.
    None of us who are ill choose to be ill, at least none that I know. Shame on anyone for beating up the spirit of anyone who is ill.
    I am not Catholic, so that sacrament would not be part of my life, though I celebrate for those who do receive it.
  4. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

Thanks for your prayers. This is a wonderful board to get support and encouragement. Don't ever beat your self up for being ill. If you're a Christian then you know this is God's plan for your life and that He is in control. Sometimes things don't make sense (ex - "Why would God let me get so sick"), but trust in the Lord and know that your illness is for a purpose (it may be to influence someone else in your life in some way), and it is usually to glorify the Lord in some way. Hope this helps a little. I will keep you in my prayers.
  5. solargirl451

solargirl451 New Member

Hi Carol,
    Yes I have received the Sacrament of the Sick. This is one Sacrament that you are permitted to receive more than once in your life time. If you have any questions concerning this Sacrament, please contact your priest.

God Bless,
    Cynthia*
    [This Message was Edited on 12/21/2004]
  6. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Hi Carol, Yes, I too have received the Sacrement of the sick which at some healing masses. I heard this explained to a degree on EWTN a few months ago. There is grace given to you from God through the priest and the holy oil with the Holy Spirit. Merry Christmas and health and peace be with you!