sacroiliac joint injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Debra49659, May 28, 2008.

1. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

oh my, the doctor wants to try these next for my FM, has anyone experienced them? were they painful? did they help?

can you tell i'm a big baby, i hurt enough without going to the doctor to have him cause further pain with big needles!!

i love my doc, but i am scared, any help or advice would be much appreciated:)

2. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

I had one done by my PCP about 8 years ago and it completely took away my pain. If I really over do it, I might get a slight twinge in the area.

The injection itself is slightly uncomfortable but everybody is different. For me the slight uncomfortableness was very worth the lasting relief of the pain that I had and if need be, I would do it again.

Good luck with your decision!

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Thanks Babs....I am going to try the injections though it makes me what to cower in fear.

At this point I will try anything...well...almost:)

Thanks again
  4. Babs41

Babs41 New Member

Let us know how it works out for you.

5. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Is your SI joint unstable? Mine is and it's painful! I get injections and they really help me and last for about three months. Often they are painful for about 24 hours and then the pain from them subsides. They make a huge difference for me and I hope they help you also. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, thus the unstable SI joint. Do you have this also?
  6. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

i am not sure about the cause, my doc is using these as a diagnostic tool so to speak. these areas can be sore because of fm, if its a problem that needs further diagnoses then i guess i will respond to the injections least as far as I understand.

babs..i will let everyone know once i go see the wicked man next month:)

7. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I was told that everyone was different. With some people the relief they get lasts for years, others for months. I had it done three months ago and it's worn off already. I'm not going to spend the money to have it done again. I'm going to physical therapy and am hoping I can learn exercises to help with the pain.

My back pain comes from herniated disks and arthritis, etc., not fibromyalgia.

Good luck, Deb.

[This Message was Edited on 05/29/2008]