Sad day at the Vet...for some dear lady.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fivesue, Jul 13, 2007.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I took my cat, Felix, for his yearly shots today, and while I was there, a dear lady came in, tears streaming down her face. The kind vet assistant was there, and the lady was asking about paying her bill to which the assistant said not to worry about it right now. She looked so relieved and left.

Her pet had just been put to sleep. I have been to that very office twice to have two very special pets put to sleep...just reminded me how lucky I am to have my Felix now. He is about 5 years old and in good health.

I just felt so bad. I know that someone here just had her Yorkie put to sleep, and I know how hard that must have been. The common bond of loving and losing pets seems to unite many people who normally would not have much in common.

I'm babbling right now, but just wanted to urge you to give your pets extra hugs today and value each day you have with them. Such blessings from God they are to us.

If you want, say a prayer for the grieving lady here in the upper corner of California.

Hugs to all,
  2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

To see others in pain, especially when it's a loss of a pet. I feel I will soon be making that same trip. My 13 1/2 yr old shis tsu is blind, deaf, full of arthritis and has lost control of his bodily functions. Yesterday, there was blood where he had been going poo. It wasn't in the poo, it was a separate puddle. I am beside myself trying to decide what to do.

So yes, I have said a prayer.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Your a Sweetie! and yes Been in the same situation also Along with alot of others here! :( Poor Gal! I'm so Glad you have Felix! I bet Felix gets S~~p~~o~~i~~l~~e~~D,,,,lol! Lucky does too! He's 10 months now ~~ and I'm teaching him how to swim ~~~~Uggg but he's doin' Good!,,,I'll Put a Photo of Lucky Up!,,,,,,,,,,Love,,,,& Hugs!,,,,I'm praying for the little gal!,,,,,,Sis
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Will pray for you and wisdom to handle your dear pet's aging. Such a sad time.

Sis...your dog is a cutie. No wonder you spoil him. My Felix is really spoiled. So fun.

Lindy....hope your 14 year old is in good shape and you enjoy the time left. I think it's a good move to have another younger pet. I don't think we'll replace Felix, but he has several years left.

I sure hope the lady is able to think about the good times with her pet...may be a bit early yet.

Have a good weekend, ladies.

Love your furbabies!

5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hope it helped cheer you up alittle Sue!
  6. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You are so right. I really appreciate my furbabies. I have also had to put down several aged dogs and the last time it was like losing my right arm. I believe it caused me to have a serious depression.

I give my babies hugs all the time. They wait at the window for me to come home every day. They have over 50 toys in a big basket. My husband puts the toys away and I dump them all out when I get home at night (upon request from the babies). They both sleep together on a small doggie mattress on the floor and must be covered up at bedtime.

Tonight I stocked up on Greenies, baby carrots and "biskies" for them. My husband has terrible asthma and I work hard to keep them clean so he does not get sick. I would have a real problem without them.

They say the Queen of England likes her Corgi dogs more than humans. Her dogs have a special royal menu each day. It will vary depending on what the queen selects. No joke. Often, she personally prepares their plates. They bring her all the ingredients.

One example of their dinner is cubed filet steak chopped cabbage. She has 7 or 8 Corgis.

I wish all animals were treated so well.
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I wish my life was that good...the queen preparing filets for my dinner.

Whoa. I understand why she likes her dogs better than people. I like my cat better than most people I know.

Anyway, thanks for sharing that. Thinking of the queen preparing dinner for her dogs makes her more of a real person.