sad news...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinkypinky23, May 19, 2003.

1. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

found out last night kezzanottm has died from a pulmonary embolism.

Apparantly she just collapsed and died instantly in the early hours of the morning

Just proves my theory that the medical profession have got no idea, apparantly she was told she didnt have a clot.

it a sad shame

kink
  2. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Here she was having all those panic attacks and was scared to death - maybe she felt something that was telling her to be careful, never realizing the true seriousness of her condition. We all should listen more to our bodies and not give an inch with the doctors when they blow us off.

Does just go to show -

IT'S NOT IN OUR HEADS YOUR IDIOT PRACTITIONERS!
  3. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Her family should know about this. It seems like definite malpractice. She said she has suffered from heart irregularities for awhile,too, but was told it was nothing.

kezza_nottm
    (39)

hi 05/17/03 08:15 AM

I suffer from that kind of pain, my doctors thought it was a pulmonary embolism, apparantly it is not? I know it is horrible and frightening and i am like you in and out of emergency rooms.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It seems to me that she had an inkling that there was something more serious wrong with her and yet even in the hospital, they were unable to find anything. This is so sad.

Love, Mikie
  5. dd

dd New Member

What a sad, sad shame. She was even in the hospital and they couldn't find anything wrong.

Hopefully she wasn't just dismissed as being a hypochondriac because of the CFS. It seems that anytime a doctor reads that dx in someone's chart they become somehow less deserving of appropriate treatment. It really is so unfair.

Such a shame. She was so young.

God bless her family in this sad time.

Peace,

Debbie
    [This Message was Edited on 05/19/2003]
  6. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

Yes, it is indeed sad. I pulled up her profile and read all her post. She was a member for only 9 days and now she is gone. Makes me wonder how many of us are not receiving the care we should. How many doctors are blaming all pains on FM. Someone once posted and she said that when we go to a new doctor or to the hospital do not tell them we have FM. I think I will take her advice.

This has depressed me so much today. May Kezza nottm now rest in peace. She was so young, not long into her adulthood. I send her family my sympathy. God Bless you all.
    HURTSALOT2
  7. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

i have managed to speak to a member of her family today, they are shocked and traumatised as you can imagine.

Thanks for all your kind words i will pass them on, and unfortunarely she was made out to be a hypochondriac by the doctors, the sad thing is her death was witnessed by her 2 young children so it is unfortunate and definately disturbing for the children.

Take Care all

Kink
  8. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

it makes me really angry that the doctors didnot take enough notice of her she odviously new how much pain she was in and was ignored at the hospital and i bet that wasn't the first time they had dismissed her notions
    my heart goes out to her family and especially her two young children it is a real shame she was very young
    Loopyloo xx
  9. 1Candee

1Candee New Member

Thank you so much Kink for letting us know. I too went back and re-read all of her posts--most were short sweet--to the point and she was always one of the first to welcome new people.
    I am appalled at them medical profession at this loss of such a young life. I can relate to the fear that she was going through and the panic---she knew that something was happenning to her and yet couldn't get the help she so desperately needed. We've all been there done that just not to this extreme.
    She was a newbie like me---had almost the exact same # of posts as me, had the same symptoms, fear, and panic as me. Seems I'm getting myself all worked up here but who wouldn't!!! I am yet undiagnosed after 4 yrs., if not more, of this gruling agony and am at this point persuing getting tests, tests and more tests relentlessly. All of this infuriates me at the same time breaking my heart. She will be remembered!! My heart goes out to her family, esp. the children. Cat
  10. dd

dd New Member

Bumping for those who haven't heard the sad news yet.
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kink, God bless and sustain her family and friends.

Yes, the Lord guide the medical profession too, and give them the wisdom to know we are ill, and not a bunch of crack pots.

Shalom, Shirl
  12. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I was interested in reading them but there are none now to read.

I am truly saddened by the news, I will pray for her family, we all know how our family suffers with this right alongside us.

Jaci
  13. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Thank you for telling us.
    I am so very sorry - and especially for her poor family, especially her children.
    She knew there was something more wrong with her than the docs thought - what will it take until they listen?
    hugs everyone
    Mary x
  14. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Just adding a note in case people don't see the other posting.
    Her posts are still here, under her username
    kezza_nottm

hugs
    Mary x
  15. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i am so very sorry.
    my heart goes out to her family and especially her children.
    its so terrible that she seemed to know exactly what was wrong with her and the doctors didn't listen to her.

if someone is passing on our condolences to her family i would like to be included.

so very sorry

pinkquartz
  16. ozgran

ozgran New Member

to hear the news of this young life lost, especially when she knew in her own heart that something was really wrong. This DD so goes against us at times. I feel so much for her family and especially for her young children. Somebody has been in contact with her family so I hope they can pass on all our messages to them. Love Ozgran
  17. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I hope that her family looks into this. So sad. I'll keep her in my thoughts. dolsgirl

I just read all of her posts & I hope someone over in the UK prints out all of her messages and mails them to her family. What is wrong with the medical community that wouldn't listen to this girl crying out for help. WHO is her doctor??? This is an absolute outrage!!!

I will keep her in my thoughts. It saddens me more than I can express. dolsgirl[This Message was Edited on 05/20/2003]
  18. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

We to my hubby's rhumey today and told him about this. I told him that some of you were saying to not tell the ER that you have FM....HE AGREED WITH YOU!! He says they don't know how to treat FM. Isn't that scary???
  19. billiegail

billiegail New Member

I prayers go out to the family and children. It is so sad.
    I hope that something good comes of this. Like the medical proffessionals listening from now on and maybe more test being run.
    I think we should email our congressmen about this and let them know that we need more research or more young lives will be lost to ignorance on the part of the medical field.
    God bless you all
  20. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I am so sorry to hear of this.....please pass on our love and condolences to kezzanottm's family if possible. So very young, and sadly no one listened---Her family will be in my prayers.
    God Bless LL
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2003]