Sad Sad day in MI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jens2angels, Nov 17, 2006.

1. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

For the College Football fans out there the world has lost a legend on the eve of the Biggest of the Big Game.

Bo Schembechler passed away at 11:42 am this morning in Detroit. I must say I am just blown away. I actually cried when I found out. I had to call my sister (69mach1) and break the news to her. Bo is a legend in this state and for college football all together. But to have it happen the day before the biggest game between OSU and MI ever, it's just eerie. Bo and Woody Hayes made that rivalry what it is today.
    His cardiologist was on tv earlier and said that Bo had actually had an appt with him yesterday but postponed it so he could address the team before they left for Columbus.

Bless you Bo and may you shine your greatness down on us tomorrow while we fight the good fight.

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Yes, he was a great coach and a very good man. I hate to lose people like that.

3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

at u of m football camp.

i will be wearing my son's u of m jersey from football camp tomarrow for the game.

i wonder where bo will be buried or will he have a special burial plot on the football field somewhere?

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i typed it up for here on the post. but then i deleted it because i wasnt sure if it were allowed.

5. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I thought it was cute too. I was cracking up at that commerical on ESPN that the guy jumps out the car when she says she was born in Michigan and says GO BLUE! That's just hilarious, but that would honest to god happen ! We really do hate each other THAT much! Did you look at my myspace page? I found some other good one's there too.

Your neice has been taught to say Go Blue now and when I say "who do we hate?" she says, "OHIO STATE!"
    I know, I'm bad. But hey, I gotta make sure she is brought up right!

If I have any extra money, I'll try and find you a Michigan shirt to wear. HOpefully I can find you a nice National Title winner shirt!
  6. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I don't know, I think they are waiting until after the game to make any arrangements. It would be cool if he were

married in the Stadium somewhere.

Lord knows the place is big enough. You know actually they have 1 seat at the Big House reserved for Fritz Crisler? The capacity right now is 107,501. I'm betting it will be 107,502 from now on.
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

he is almost treated like the pope.

yes i checked out your myspace...i like too funny..camel walk..

now what time is that game?

call me when it starts.

8. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I meant buried, I don't know where that came from.

I'll call you when it starts

It would be 12:30 your time