sad,sad day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1horse, Apr 7, 2006.

1. 1horse

1horse New Member

I am having to put my dalmation dog down today... She is 13..can hardly walk and looks like she is in pain etc.. lost control of her functions... anyway it is a very sad day for me.. thanks for listening....Peggy
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

to hear that. This is not an easy thing to do. I had to do this with my black lab 5 yrs ago.

We still haven't got another one. It was like loosing and old friend. We had Ozzy since he was 1 yr old. He was abused badly by his previous owner and it took an entire year to get him not to be afraid me.

He used to be by my side all the time. Lately I've been thinking about getting another one to keep me company.

Again so sorry to hear that you have to do this.

:<(

Jake
  3. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

Since I can no longer work and am home all of the time, My best friend is Ginger, my little beagle. We lost our Irish setter several yrs ago. We let her suffer way too long but we loved her so much.

THe night we took her, she had defecated all over herself and the smell was unbearable. My youngest son sat in the back of the truck and held her the whole way.. I still do not know how he did it.

When we got home with her, all 4 of us cried like babies while my husband dug the grave.

You dont get over losing a pet just like you dont let go of a loved one. Just remember, one day you will be see each other again and that sweet thing will be waiting for you.

LOVE,

Suzette
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Having lived through those days myself, I know how hard it is to lose a friend. My heart goes out to you.

((((Hugs)))

Sue
  5. sierrasun

sierrasun New Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

1horse:
    So sorry for you and her. A good life she lived I bet.
    Over the years I have had to do it and I would sink into a depression for weeks. Hopefully that will not happen to you.

Her doggie soul is going to canine heavan.

hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. BethM

BethM New Member

hugs to you. sending peace and healing to you.

Beth.
  8. kbak

kbak Member

I hurt for you!! I can't think of anything worse than having to say good-bye to your doggie friend and companion.

Your doing a kindness tho, not letting her suffer, even tho it's a painful thing to do. You gave that dog a wonderful home, with lots of love. She's now in doggie heaven probably chasing one of my cats that has passed on!

Many hugs!
    K.
  9. taniazcatz

taniazcatz New Member

I know how much pain you must be in, and as an animal lover myself, I'm so sorry for your loss. My former neighbor had a dalmation, his name was oreo. I love that dog. One day he got hit by a car and bless his heart he came to my front door injured. Im a nurse and I can deal with human who are injured but seeing him hurt was almost more than I could take. I rushed him to the vet, waited while they did surgery and then helped care for him during the day while my neighbor worked. I really fell in love with him, they are a great breed. I wish I could say something to help ease your pain, but all I can offer is my sympathy. My prayers will include you tonight. Hang in there, it'll be tough but things will get better.

Tanya
  10. code34me

code34me New Member

That is such a hard thing to do I know. I know it is best for you dog but that does not make it any easier.

I had to do that about 5 yreas ago with my Queensland Heeler "Teaser" and I could not drive home afterwards for about an hour becuase of crying so hard. I have her ashes in a cedar box on top of my fireplace mantel with her tags on it and a special engraving on it.

I am lucky to have her daughter Smokey still who is just like her mom she is now 8 years old.

I will say alittle prayer for all of you today that your pain can be eased in some way.

Take care of you! Codey
  11. Nikki

Nikki Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. Only an animal lover can appreciate the real pain of having to put a pet down.

It's been 9 yrs. since my husband and I had to put our peek-a-poo to sleep. My husband came with me to the vet to be by my side and comfort me. We held our poochie in our arms as she passed, and my DH cried so hard, I ended up taking care of him.

I think I am just now ready to get a new puppy.....soon.

God bless you.

Nikki
  12. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

Dear Peggy,

Deepest sympathy to you for having to put your beloved dog down. 13 years is a remarkable age for a larger-breed dog.

Doing what you must do is such a difficult task, yet if your dalmatian is in pain and is confused, then helping her as she makes her final journey is the best thing to do.

Sending you some huge cyber-hugs {{{{ }}}} and a whole lot of thoughts and prayers.

Janice
  13. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

I am so sorry that you had to do this.

I have been through this several times. It does not get easier. However, I ALWAYS feel better that my animals do not have to suffer extraordinary pain, death throes, and other unimaginables. We can be with them, and love them, when they finally find peace.

Tibbie
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Our old Aussie was the same way, we struggled lifting her for two years,she was continent mostly but it sounds as if your beloved dog had this all come at one go.

Blessings for you and my heart is right there, it takes a LOT of love to do this for your pet. I had two last summer, and still not over it.

If there is one thing I would request God did differently it would be to let our pets live much longer lives, but I guess not mine to question. Hugs and much love and tears for you. I have quite a few waiting on the Bridge. That is a lovely story, we all cried here.

Love Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 04/07/2006]
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    just can't help but think of the saying and Movie "All dogs go to heaven" this is another sad thing to go through! but were tough right!!...................................You are in my thoughts and prayers way up here in Montana!!! sydney
  16. belly_acres

belly_acres New Member

my heart goes out to you - a pet is a true friend - one that expects nothing but will give you all the love and warmth you need.

Cori
  17. 1horse

1horse New Member

thank you all.. We had a housecall vet come here and it went so smothely for cookie..boy do I miss her and my other dog keeps looking for her.. She is out of pain and she had a very good life..we buried her next to my mini schnauzer who I lost last year..It sure helped just writing about it.. as critter lovers these things are hard but you just know you did the right thing..thanks again for all your support (hugs) peggy
  18. 1horse

1horse New Member

get another dog ..I am going to sometime soon..in may we are going to tenn for a truck and car show..metting up with other clubs and driving across country and stopping at ford dealer ships for lunch or dinner and put the trucks on display for a few hours...should be fun..will wait for a few months before i get a new dog.. peggy
  19. 1horse

1horse New Member

20. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I'm so sorry:( She will be greatly missed.
    Take care,Deee50