sad thing I have noticed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Jun 6, 2009.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

apparently I now have so little of a life, I am not even featured in my own dreams at night.....seriously, I used to always be in my dreams and now I am rarely in them - it's like watching a movie or TV show about other people while I am sleeping....since my dreams have almost always reflected what is going on in my life, I can only assume that I have so little life now, there is nothing left to dream about

it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but what is says is really sad

has anyone else had this happen to them?
  2. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

I have not been a long term sufferer of CFS like many on here, but i am disabled and housebound for the most part. I have been disabled by CFS/ME for about 1.5years. In that time, my dreams have completely changed. It's not that i'm not in my dreams, but that my dreams are about doing very mundane everyday things that do not have a dream like "fantasy" about them.

My dreams are about going to meetings, volunteer work, and just doing very normal things. I wake up thinking "did i just goto that meeting?" only to realize that i couldn't have because i'm disabled in bed. All these "normal" things i did when i was healthy, now come to me as dreams because they truly are "fantasies" that i can no longer do. Whether i'm healthy or not, my dreams are always fantasies. truly messed up.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I have had CFS for almost 30 years. My life is boring and so are my dreams.

I call them frustration dreams. Nothing every happens. Just waiting around for
    some sort of meeting to start. Waiting for unspecified people to arrive.

Walking down the sidewalk. Not going anywhere specific. Nothing happens.

Been at least half a century since I had a fun dream about flying.

4. Jayna

Jayna New Member

Often my dreams start out interesting but all devolve into me getting more and more boxed in. Even if I start out driving or walking and able to climb stairs at will, it always ends up with me back in my wheelchair and unable to get past a door, window, or other obstacle to reach whatever my destination was.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

glad (but sad) to know that I am not alone in the whole dream thing....I do have to say, though, that Jayna, your message header cracked me up (not laughing at you - I feel bad for you with the rest of what you wrote, but the header is pretty funny & I REALLY need to laugh tonight, so thanks!)
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

In my dreams I am always lost and can't find my way back home. I have the same dreams over and over about going outside and not being able to find my car so I can't get home or I am driving in an unfamiliar place and don't know the way back. I try to call my husband but the phone won't work.

I do like the fact that I'm always younger and thinner though. I never dream about myself being the age I actually am now. Wishful thinking! I am always sick and wanting to get well again though. I used to have much more interesting dreams before I got sick. Boring. GB66
  7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I think the reason this is bothering me so much is that it feels like the person I was has completely disappeared and my dreams just seem to reiterate that - I have faded away so far that I don't even exist in my dreams....not only is there nothing left to dream about, there is no "me" left to do that dreaming
  8. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I seem to get nothing but nightmares and vivid dreams. I think I'm usually someone else in the dreams. But even when I am me, I seem to be in places I've never seen before and with people I've never seen before. It's very odd. I wish I had happy dreams. I never seem to.
  9. tut90

tut90 Member

My dreams don't make any sense, driving and not knowing where I'm going, asking the person sitting next to me to give me directions, and she will not answer, I don't even know who she is. A crowd of people being in my house uninvited and I'm not ready, being frustrated and upset. If I have good dreams, I don't remember, the only dreams I remember are the crazy ones.

10. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I always remember hearing that the feeling you get from your dreams are what is indicative to how you're really feeling.
    I've never bought into the "if you dream about purple, its mean this...."

Like Tut said, feelings of being not in control, could mean that we (I have the same kind) feel like we've lost some control over our lives.

I dream that I can never get anywhere. I'm always about to go somewhere, but i'm stuck at the airport or in the hotel room... I really dream this a lot. Maybe I feel stuck in real life.

Either way, like I said, I take how I feel when I wake up as being pretty telling. It's not always a bad thing even if the dream is frustrating. Maybe I'm on the outside looking in because I'm more of an observer right now.

Tammie- I hope YOU get back in your dreams. And those that have nightmares - oh I'm sorry. I hate those. I used to pray as a little girl that I wouldn't have nightmares every night before I went to sleep. Then I'd tell myself not to say that cause just thinking about it would make them come. (I was a complex little girl!)
  11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

just wanted to thank everyone who responded - too tired rt now to respond to each individually, but I do appreciate the responses so much - I wish that none of us had so many rotten things to deal with that they are even spilling over into our dreams in one way or another, but it is nice to know that I am not alone
  12. siberia

siberia New Member

In my 16 year CFS career I started with nightmares/nightmarish dreams - then dreams where I realized I was sick and weak and vulnerable to any attacks and couldn't defend myself. (I was once attacked and thereafter had recurrent dreams of strongly fighting off attackers - I'm a woman!) Yeah, it was really sad for even my dreams for me to be a broken down person.

But now I have the best dreams. I think it's because I started taking a homeopathic remedy for "grief and emotional upset" by Hylands called Ignatia Amara. I "eat" them like popcorn practically. I take them every 15 minutes until I feel serene and actual happiness. Then take it several times throughout the day. They're cheap - under $5 for 250 pills @ 4 mini-pills a dose. This has been about a year.

Also weird about dreams earlier on. Whenever I had a bacterial infection I would have Hell dreams. Like, walking down thru the corrider to Hell and the corridor was lined with assorted high clergy in their "thrones". (Sorry! It was a bad dream) Now I know from my dreams what is going on in my body.

Not a plug for Hylands. It's just something that is working really well for me and hoping maybe others may find the same result.
  13. soulight

soulight New Member

I have dreams about things that happen in my (boring) every day life , but they seem to turn into nightmares about not being able to handle every day things. Either I can't breath , or I can't get my words out right , or I miss deadlines , or a medical procedure doesn't go right.

I guess I feel trapped and non-empowered. Something that I don't think I am in my awake life , but it seems to be coming out in my dreams. My dreams are also very intense and long and many of my dreams repeat themselves with really really long "story lines" Same places , same people , same situations. It is sad ! : ( Also , it is a funny-sad when I think about it. Kind of like a melo-comedy instead of a melo-drama .

14. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

I used to have real vivid dreams... and would keep a dream log... as I found I had lots of dreams that later came about in real life.. the furthest back I could trace one was 6 months... This is a norm for the women in our family ... When Mom , my daugher or I tell you we had a deam, take notice. we used to say .. oh and my Grandmother also.. ..

I also went through a stage of nightmars... so bad I would wake myself up screaming ,or hitting my sleeping husband... or he would wake me ( at my request, after hitting him Lord knows how many times I asked him to wake me when he noticed me having this type of dream ) now only have these rarely .

for the last couple of years I have not had all that many dreams, that I remember.

GB66 I share your dream of trying to phone my husband ,

I'll be stranded and who knows why with my EX the one that abused me to no end., or my childrens dad. wanting me back.. I'll like wake up in my dream , thinking what , why how. and need to get away and fast. pull out my cell and can't find his number in my phone .. I have this dream over and over. his number is missing .thats when he normally wakes me up.. as I'm crying ,and thrashing .
    LOL this part is kinda funny .. my husband has programed his phone number in my cell number about 3 times under diff names I call him.. LOL this way if hes not in there under his normal "Hi honey ", I can look by his name , and home.

but anyway , have had much fewer dreams the last 2 years. or so .. I ma up every hour on the hour lots of nights. sorry this is so long . I blurped. must have been on my mind a lot I guess . I miss dreaming evey night

thanks for posting this question.. God Bless all
  15. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have been starting too many threads lately and I am still crashing badly, so though I really try to always repsond to everyone who responds to me, I just can't rt this is a grp thank you for replying
  16. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

i crash badly all the time as well unable to respond or read most threads. We know what you are going through so you have no worries here. Take a rest from the boards when you are crashed. Just take care of yourself and don't let this board be a place of stress for you.
  17. cfsgeorge

cfsgeorge New Member

titled, "Wish Fulfillment? No. But Dreams (and Sleep) Have Meaning"
  18. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

you take care of your self, and don;t worry about responding to every responce..

as much as I try, I have never been able to reply to each person. I never seem to have the energy. I know you most the time do..

just take care ok..

Thanks every body always for your support and understanding. we have a pretty good family going on here .. I know I would be lost without all of you..

Take care ... Spirit.