Safe dose of Oxycodone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Nov 9, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I've got a miserable migraine, and can't get rid of it!!! My oxycodone is 5mg & 325mg acetaminaphen(generic percocet). I take 2. I know you can't have more than 1000mg at a time and max 4000mg a day of acetaminaphen, but don't know about the oxycodone. I CANNOT deal with my kids like this, and my husband is away hunting. I'm happy as he did get some meat, but it's hard when he's away(only once a year though!) I now have a renewed sympathy for the lady who posted last week, whos husband was away hunting. I think no matter what, things get more harry when hubby is away, you really get NO break from the kids. Tomorrow is a day off school.....yippee. Thanks Laura
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I know that Oxy can be prescribed in much larger doses but in my experience, one should work up to those higher doses. I was given 40 mg of Oxycontin and got quite sick from it.
    I think you can take 3 Percocet though. Try ice packs too.

For the future, have you thought about something like Imitrex for the migraines?

Good luck with the kids. Can they understand that you aren't feeling well?
    Kathy
  3. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I started taking straight Oxycodone a few months ago. I had been on T3's for years and they just weren't doing the job anymore.

I take 2.5 mgs approx every 4 hrs once I've gotten up ( usually 3x/day), and then 5 mgs at bedtime. It doesn't always work for my headaches, but I really like how it handles my other pain. I wanted to try something that didn't have any acetaminaphen or codiene in it.

You are taking a much higher dose than I am taking, but this usually works good for me. Ocassionally I need to take a 5 mg if I've worked that day, but that isn't often.

I really don't know what a safe amount to take at one time would be. What is the usual dosage you take and how often?

I am sorry you are suffering so much. Miagraines are really tough. I am glad there is no school tomorrow as well, then I don't have to get up first thing! Sounds like you aren't liking the idea as much as me! My kids are older and can take care of themselves. PTL!!

Try taking a gravel with your meds, that often helps it work better.

Blessings,

Raz