safe weight loss?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by misty245, Dec 28, 2012.

1. misty245

misty245 New Member

I read an article (URL removed by moderator) that
    suggests that the media is so concerned with body weight and image that more and more people are choosing to try unhealthy ways to lose weight. What are some safe ways for me to lose and should I worry about what others think? I want to be a model someday.

2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

you are a new member as of today and posted a press release for a supplement and that is usually not allowed.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

of the ketones....they did nothing.

Putting less in mouth and the right foods and moving is the answer....
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Who writes a column in our paper. He says that over the years, the only thing which seems to work long term for most people is Weight Watchers. He said supplements and fad diets, including the programs which provide their own food, do not last once one stops the diet and the weight comes back.

My Dad was a doc and he had a diet plan similar to WW and he got great results. The only supplement he advised was vitamin B12.

Love, Mikie
  5. mbofov

mbofov Member

to lose weight - watch my calories, and ate low carb-high protein diet, no eating after dinner, and of course no french fries etc. Eat lots of vegies, low grains, very little bread or "white" food (white bread, white rice, white potatoes) and protein. Cut out sodas of course. It's pretty common sense and it works.

Mary