Sage Test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

Anyone do the Sage Test for delayed allergies???
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I had this ELISA testing done several months ago and found that I was sensitive to 22 foods. I was tested for 88 foods, not the larger number, since I don't get migraines,etc.

Then I started an elimination diet and 10 days later started noting improvement. After 10 days on the diet, I no longer limped to the bathroom when I got up at night. The following day I noted that I no longer felt like I was "in a fog" when I was standing in the shower at 5:30 am. After that, I have noted some improvement of stiffness, soreness etc.

I am also taking Famvir, an antiviral med. My FM Dr said that the fast improvement was definitely due to the elimination of sensitive foods.

Big ones for me are high fructose CORN syrup, sugar and wheat....among alot of others. I recommend the ELISA testing to everyone. It can be a real eye opener and can really help you with all sorts of symptoms, if you are willing to follow the elimination diet.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

I noticed we both are in PA

I assume a doctor has to approve these tests?

Are you in Western, Eastern or Middle PA? Reason I am asking is a need a doctor
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am 2 hours east of Pittsburgh....but, my FM Dr is not in PA. I found him on the internet, and he is in Florida. He does phone consults and he ordered this test for me. He is coowner of that lab. His name is Dr Daniel Dantini and he has a FM/CFS website also.

Any Dr can order this test if you are lucky enough to have an open minded Dr who understands that this test does exist, is very useful and not a scam.

Most Dr's only know about immediate food allergies and testing.

You can print alot of the info out from the Sage website and take it to your regular Dr and see what happens. My daughter's family Dr is ordering the testing for her because she has chronic migraines. Good luck!
  5. Empower

Empower New Member

Thank You
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I had the testing done: my allergy results--eggplant.

And I sometimes have it, but not as much as I would like to.

7. Salmon777

Salmon777 New Member

Yes I had the test and honestly I don't know if it helped that much. On top of all that I was told my insurance would cover the testing then 5 months later I get a bill in the mail for over $2,000 saying oops the insurance is coming back now saying it is NOT covered and you owe us!! I thought no this has to be a BAD dream-are they crazy! I specifically asked them to check the insurance for coverage and Dana who works there in the office called me back confirming the coverage! Now they say more patients are getting denied yet they continue to submit forms to get approved at Blue Cross...Makes me wonder were they in fact telling me the truth to begin with..
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 09/27/2010</i>]