SAIF is doing me again!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathryn, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Just got a letter from SAIF (Workers' Comp), and they have me scheduled for an "independent" medical exam on Wednesday. Just one catch - it's 150 miles each way! last time they did this to me it was only aa 20 mile drive home, but it took me 3 hours, stopping every 2 blocks to throw up after he twisted my neck practically off my shoulders. No way will I be able to drive this far in that condition, but if I don't go, they automatically deny my claim. Gary was able to drive me up to the rheumatology clinic last Wednesday, because our grandson was able to spend the night with a classmate, but I can't make a practice of doing this every week. I am just about tempted to tell them to buy me a plane ticket! Wonder how my shepherd likes planes? HEE HEE. Any suggestions?
    Kathryn
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Just got a letter from SAIF (Workers' Comp), and they have me scheduled for an "independent" medical exam on Wednesday. Just one catch - it's 150 miles each way! last time they did this to me it was only aa 20 mile drive home, but it took me 3 hours, stopping every 2 blocks to throw up after he twisted my neck practically off my shoulders. No way will I be able to drive this far in that condition, but if I don't go, they automatically deny my claim. Gary was able to drive me up to the rheumatology clinic last Wednesday, because our grandson was able to spend the night with a classmate, but I can't make a practice of doing this every week. I am just about tempted to tell them to buy me a plane ticket! Wonder how my shepherd likes planes? HEE HEE. Any suggestions?
    Kathryn
  3. teach6

teach6 New Member

That is completely unreasonable. If they expect you to travel that far they should pay for a plane ticket and put you up in a hotel. Tell them exactly what happened the last time and ask for what you need. It seems as reasonable as expecting you to travel 300 miles round trip to see a doctor.

Barbara
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2002]