Salespeople Are Not Allowed On This Website

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had a slew of salespeople here either giving out their e-mail addresses or soliciting others' addresses. This is not allowed here. They should have famiarized themselves with the rules before posting. Common sense would tell them that you cannot ride the coattails of a business to profit from it. These people are immediately banned from using our website. Unfortunately, they have learned how to come back on using new names.

Shirl and I need your help. Y'all have been tremendously helpful in posting to let us know when a salesperson is posting. I think the best way is to post right here so that all can see. I check the board off and on during the day, so eventually I will see it. Shirl checks the board at night.

What bothers me is the number of people who will just give out their e-mail addresses to these snake oil salespeople. Folks, you don't know who these people are or what their motives may be besides making money off of your misery. Would you let a door-to-door salesperson into your home? It's dangerous to do this.

By giving out your addresses, you are encouraging this activity which is not allowed, for obvious reasons, by our sponsor. ProHealth is extremely generous in providing this place for us and for donating a large amount of the profits from sales of ProHealth supplements to research to try to find a cure for our illnesses. All they ask in return is for salespeople not to use this place to advertise.

Thank you all for helping us protect our special place against those who have only profit as their motive. They have nothing to offer us and they disrupt the smooth functioning of our board.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have had a slew of salespeople here either giving out their e-mail addresses or soliciting others' addresses. This is not allowed here. They should have famiarized themselves with the rules before posting. Common sense would tell them that you cannot ride the coattails of a business to profit from it. These people are immediately banned from using our website. Unfortunately, they have learned how to come back on using new names.

Shirl and I need your help. Y'all have been tremendously helpful in posting to let us know when a salesperson is posting. I think the best way is to post right here so that all can see. I check the board off and on during the day, so eventually I will see it. Shirl checks the board at night.

What bothers me is the number of people who will just give out their e-mail addresses to these snake oil salespeople. Folks, you don't know who these people are or what their motives may be besides making money off of your misery. Would you let a door-to-door salesperson into your home? It's dangerous to do this.

By giving out your addresses, you are encouraging this activity which is not allowed, for obvious reasons, by our sponsor. ProHealth is extremely generous in providing this place for us and for donating a large amount of the profits from sales of ProHealth supplements to research to try to find a cure for our illnesses. All they ask in return is for salespeople not to use this place to advertise.

Thank you all for helping us protect our special place against those who have only profit as their motive. They have nothing to offer us and they disrupt the smooth functioning of our board.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have done a pretty good job of telling people what to look out for in your post. You are welcome to e-mail the webmaster if you would like by clicking at the bottom of the page to suggest that something be put into the message to newcomers. It is well spelled out in the rules of the board. Unfortunately, many new members do not read either.

Most of us who have been around a while know what looks suspicious. We have quite a few here who are vigilant in pointing out the offenders. This is the worst the problem has been in a long time.

It is the desperate who fall prey to these salespeople and we can't protect everyone, but we do our darnedest to try. It takes all of us to work together on this.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Keeping this at the top for all to see.

Love, Mikie
  5. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Some of these peddlers ought to be paddled! However, venting my irritation is useless; will keep my eyes peeled(however can one peel their eyes?) Al
  6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Thought this was a great post and would help the newbies to be cheated into thinking these chalatans (?sp) have anything to offer them! They are here for their own good, the same as telemarketers. They're not really calling for YOUR benefit. They're calling for THEIR benefit. So, don't give out your email! dolsgirl
  7. sickandtired

sickandtired New Member

Just Bumping it up for you.