Salicylate or Salycilic Allergy - How if affects FM?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by lucky0003, Sep 10, 2003.

1. lucky0003

lucky0003 New Member

I searched this site but could not come up with any info about Salicylate and FM. I found on a cosmetics web site that those of us with FM should use Salicylate-Free (salicylic acid-free) cleansers on our faces. Does anyone know anything about this?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Was this in regard to those with FMS who are on the Guai Protocol? Anything with sals will block the guaifenesin and we have to avoid it in our supplements and personal-care items.

Love, Mikie
  3. lucky0003

lucky0003 New Member

Mike,

I am not on the Guai protocol you mentioned in your post. So is it O.K. for me to use the facial cleanser?

I'm trying to find out if it's O.K. to use a Salicylic Acid facial cleanser. I saw on one reputable cosmetics website that people with FM need to use Salicylate-Free cleansers.

Thanks.

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have a problem eliminating phosphate debris through our kidneys and this debris is deposited in our soft tissues. According to Dr. St. Amand of the Guai Protocol, this is what causes our tender points. Seems the phosphate debris competes with sals in the kidneys. It would, therefore make sense to avoid as many sals as possible in our supplements and personal-care items. This is a big job and requires one to read labels carefully and avoid all supplements with concentrated botanical and herbal ingredients. If one is going to go to all this trouble, it would also make sense to take the Guai. It is not such a problem for sals in anything like soap or shampoo which is rinsed off the skin immediately. I wouldn't worry about using face soap with sals in it.

BTW, the Guai treatment has been a God send for me and many others. I don't know if you are familiar with the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," but it is an excellent book whether or not one decides to try the Guai.

There has been a lot of debate recently regarding whether the Guai works as Dr. St. Amand theorizes. There may be more to it than previously thought, but in any case, it has been tremendously helpful for many. There have also been some for whom the Guai has not worked. No one knows why.

Love, Mikie
  5. lucky0003

lucky0003 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I will have to read the book you mentioned.