Salicylates Gauifenesin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wenld, Aug 22, 2006.

1. wenld

wenld New Member

I've been reading a lot about FMS sufferers blockage of ATP because of excess Salicylates. The need to rid your body of these & take Gauifenesin to 'rid' most of the suffering.
    Has anyone tried this method? Does it work as claime?
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Wenld

Salicylates do not block ATP. It is Dr R Paul StAmand's theory that excess phosphates prevent our bodies from using ATP efficiently. Salicylates prevent the guaifenesin from working properly because they occupy the same receptor sites in the kidneys. The kidneys prefer the salicylates rendering the guai ineffective. I would suggest that you read the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by R. Paul StAmand and Claudia Craig Marek if you want more information.

Jude
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I'm making slow but steady progress on the Guaifenesin protocol. The book has to be followed exactly & the brand of Guai use has to be one of the recommended ones, such as the ones sold here. There's info on Dr St Amand's website:

www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com
  4. wenld

wenld New Member

what does BUMP mean- I'm new here!
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She is always so helpful with all her knowledge of the Guai Protocol. Thanks, Jude!

There is a group of us in all stages of the treatment. We call ourselves the Guai Ladies. If you post to the Guai Ladies, we will be happy to help you if we can. As suggested, you can look up our old posts by using the search feature. The best way to learn about the treatment is to read the book.

I consider my FMS symptoms reversed and I'm on a maintenance dose and will be til there is a cure or for the rest of my life. I'm still sick with CFIDS which comes and goes but I'm making very slow progress with it. It really helps to have the FMS under control.

Bumping just means responding to a post to bump it back up to the top of the list. Responses bump posts back up. A person bumping just to move the post up will often just type "bump" in the title and message windows.

Love, Mikie