Salivary glands

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dleaning, Jun 3, 2006.

1. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I was just curious if anyone has had any trouble with the salivary glands? Lately anytime I bite into anything whether its sour or not I get this weird pain like biting into something real sour. Is this normal?

Any replies would be helpful.

Dawn
  2. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I don't know, I am at the point of contacting my dentist to see what he knows. It is soooo annoying!! I will let you know if I find out something!

Thanks for the reply, and hope you have a great day!

Dawn
  3. apl

apl New Member

I think I may know what you're speaking of. I have an intense sharp/sour sensation when first tasting food or drink - even water! but I can only imagine it's associated with the taste buds/taste nerves (network of dendrites of sensory nerves). However, I also have noticed my salivary glands have become overactive (drooling! haha, or mouth watering like crazy before eating) since my symptoms of FMS/CFS intensified last year.

It makes sense that if what we have is caused by or involves malfunctioning of the nervous system, this would be effectes too. I hadn't even put 2 & 2 together with this symptom until I read your post.