salivia test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Mar 1, 2010.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

I Just recieved my 24 hr saliva cortisal testing kit. How in the world do they expect you to spit so much in the early moring hour. Has anyone benefited from taking this and getting good feed back with your dr.??? the people from the lab are very nice.
    thanks crickett
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i took the saliva test, and the vials i had to fill up were really do just one first thing in the morning, not all of them.

although my mouth is as dry as the desert in the mornings. i feel the test was worth it, i had no idea i had NO cortisol in my body till the evenings, then it was barely there. which explains why i feel a bit better late in the evening.

i went on isocort, along with Bio identical hormones & DHEA, i noticed a small difference in my energy level, but not much :(
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

when I did it they said to chew sugarless gum if you couldn't get enough saliva
  4. crickett

crickett New Member

does regular drs reconize this test. I read about isocort but i have a real sensitive stomach. and i tried bio identical hormones before. But i was so bad back then and i am on a low dose hormone patch . i do not do well when stopping and starting medicine.
    thanks crickett