SAM-e wired!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HagerTX, Mar 7, 2006.

1. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

For those who have tried SAM-e, did anyone feel wired after taking it?

I bought a 10 day trial pack yesterday, enteric coated, 400mg Pills. Took one after dinner and I was wide awake about an hour before my alarm this morning. What I've felt is similar to the way caffeine affects me. I took another one this morning, hoping that it may run its course by the time I go to sleep tonight.

Anyone else?
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

3. kbak

kbak Member

That never happened to me when I took it. I would have loved to be a little more wired! Of course no 2 people are alike. If it keeps happenening, I'd take a second look at taking it.

K.
  4. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I felt wired and could not sleep on it. All of the SSRI's make me feel that way too. Hope you can find something else to take.

Laura
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

If there is any known or unknown side effect to any medication, I'll come down with it!

My SAM-e experience was racing thoughts, which worsened quickly into racing thoughts with anxiety.

Try cutting back your dosage to 200mg or even 100mg. Also, try taking your SAM-e in the morning on an empty stomach; as it tends to be energizing, it's best to not take it at night.

Even a dose as low as 100mg may be enough to notice an effect. If it still doesn't feel right at a lower dosage, it might not be a good one for you at this time.
    (( ))