Sam The Seagull The Scottish Shoplifter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Jul 21, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Hi guys,this fun story was on our national news yesterday & also made most of our newspapers this morning about a seagull nicknamed Sam which goes into an Aberdeen newsagent's & steals packets of Dorito's Cheese Crisps & goes on to eat them.This has become such a phenomenon in Aberdeen that the locals are now paying for his crisps(this is doubly amazing as Aberdonians are reknown for their extreme thriftiness,lol).
    It has become so popular that the TV clip has now made it onto Youtube.
    Check the link below & I guarantee it will give you a smile.
    Hope your all having a fine weekend.I'm enjoying watching the Open golf on TV.

The link is:
  2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

That's one crafty seagull. Too bad the clip wasn't longer; I wanted to see the weather forecast for Scotland.

If Sam was at Carnoustie, he'd probably be stealing golf balls off of the greens!

I've been enjoying the open. I'm pulling for Sergio for the win. He's due for a major.
  3. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Yep,definitely a crafty seagull,lol.

Ken,yeh I think Sergio should win the Open from this position,just watched him play a cracker of a 2nd shot to the 18th,but hey,Stricker may produce another magical round tomorrow.I think Peter Aliss commented that the weather forecast for tomorrow is to be pretty good,but we'll see,Scottish weather is never too predictable.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Theiven Little Seagull!,lol,, We Have them around here too! They Hang out at the Highschool parking lot waiting for the kids to Drop their lunch!,,,lolol,,,,Lots of Kool stuff going on with the Golf Tournament and "Bikers",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Saw on the News where a Van erupted into a fire ball on the Bike course and the route had to be re-routed,,,Levi is in 8th place i think,,,,,,

Looks like a nice G.Course over there! Tiger is kinda low this year,,,and i heard where Phil M is out now!,,,,,,is the Garcia guy From Americia?
  5. paulmack

paulmack New Member

It's all happening this weekend on the sports front with the cycling & golf.
    I think your guy Levi has moved up a bit after todays cycling stage but unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to catch the highlights on TV tonight.
    Sergio Garcia is from Spain but I think he plays a lot of his golf in the States.An American guy Steve Stricker is currently 2nd at the moment.
    Have a great weekend Sydney,I take it you & Lucky will be out doing some hikes?
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

We had a Huge storm the other night,,,with 70 mile an hour winds/rain /lightening/ Thunder/Hail,,,Well you get the picture! lol ,,.some roofs got blown off and alot of BIG trees got up rooted but we were safe ,,Thank Goodness!,,,,

Long story short the Temp has cooled off alittle so i'm makin Bread today! ,,,,and yep i half to take the Rascal out for a Run/hike /swim so He'll get worn out!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Cheers!,,,,,,Hope You are doin' good!,,,,S
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This seagull is no birdbrain.

8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I saw the photos in the newspaper, what a clever bird. Have to check out Youtube and see it in action.

And he always takes the same kind of crisps lol. Fussy bird.

A fine weekend in our country would be lovely wouldnt it, I cannot believe how cold it has become.

Just had a look on Youtube, its hilarious, its a Herring Gull.

Enjoy the golf.

[This Message was Edited on 07/21/2007]