SAMe and 5 HTP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kim, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Kim

Kim New Member

Me Again,

I was on these at very low doses and they seemed to help with sleep and pain. Then I developed vertigo and went off them. I still have the dizziness and am having tests but I'm sure now that neither of these were the cause.

Has anyone had success with either SAMe or 5HTP and what dose are you taking.

Thanks again.

Kim
  2. Kim

Kim New Member

Me Again,

I was on these at very low doses and they seemed to help with sleep and pain. Then I developed vertigo and went off them. I still have the dizziness and am having tests but I'm sure now that neither of these were the cause.

Has anyone had success with either SAMe or 5HTP and what dose are you taking.

Thanks again.

Kim
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Not me. SAMe didn't do a thing for me,and I took it at max for 2 months. One dose of 5-HTP made my entire digestive system so raw I could not eat for 3 days.
    I think there are some folks who got good results from these, and hopefully they'll be along soon to reply to you.
    I just saw a study saying SAMe really does help mild depression. I saw an Italian study showing that 5-HTP helped FMS.
    Good luck,
    Klutzo