SAME DAY~ INTO 32 & 1/2 HOURS-NO ZZzzzz's

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hdbubblehead, Aug 28, 2005.

1. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

i still can't sleep. when i lay down and close my eyes, i wake up crying.
    Maybe cause it's the anniversary of my youngest sister's passing. I am an emotional basket case!!!
    I don't want to go to sleep , but why??? WHY???
    And I have spent the day quite and peaceful lots of pain
    and relaxing meds. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN?????
    RAISE YOUR HAND IF THIS IS YOUR TRIP TOO! TY
    (I'D GO OUT BUT TOO MUCH MEDS AND I DON'T KNOW WHEN I WILL DROP) I HAVE SOLUTIONS FOR EVERYONE BUT MY OWN SELF.DARN.
  2. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

hdbubblehead,

I'm sorry I don't have any advice to give you, but I just wanted to say that I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you get some peace (and some sleep) very soon.

Hugs,
    Jessica
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear hdbubblehead:

I am so sorry you can't sleep and are in such emotional and physical pain.

I understand your sorrow at the anniversary of your sister's passing. I too lost a loved one recently and it has been very difficult for me too.

Do you have any prescribed sleeping meds? Also, try a warm cup of Chamomile or Linden tea. It soothes you down.

Good luck hon and I will pray for you to get the much needed rest and relaxation that you need.

Soft hugs,
    Francey
  4. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

... i SLEPT THROUGH IT, PRAISE GOD. I USED MY PAIN MEDS FOR THE PHYSICAL PAIN AND VALIUM AND AFTER A COUPLE OF DAYS WIDE AWAKE, I FINALLY SLEPT FOR TWO DAYS.I WOKE UP SUNDAY.
    SOME PEOPLE KEEP THEIR HEART INSIDE, I WEAR MY HEART ON THE OUTSIDE BECAUSE I SHARE. NOT FOR PITY, BUT TO USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO TELL A CHILD/TEEN OR 50 YR OLD HOW MUCH THEY ARE CARED FOR EVEN IF THEY DON'T FEEL LIKE IT AT THE TIME.
    I KNOW WHAT TO SAY AND NOT TO SAY, WHEN TO BE STERN AND WHEN TO BE SOFT. BELIEVE ME, SO MANY PEOPLE FEEL SUCH DISPAIR, THAT THEY ARE KILLING THEMSELVES RIGHT IN FRONT OF US AND WE DON'T EVEN SEE IT HAPPENING, OR WE SEE IT COMING AND WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO HELP.
    IF SOMEONE IS FOCUSED ON ENDING THEIR OWN LIFE, FOR WHATEVER THE REASON- I PROMISE YOU, YOU CAN NOT STOP THE TRAGEDY FROM HAPPENING. BUT DON'T GIVE UP, YOU NEVER KNOW IF SOMETHING YOU SAY, COMFORTS THEM ON THEIR JOURNEY.
    (I KNOW THAT SOUNDS WEIRD,BUT MY YOUNGEST SISTER SHE WAS 34 YRS OLD AT THE TIME, PUMPED ME DAY AND NIGHT ABOUT BIBLE FACTS AND VERSES. I DIDN'T KNOW IF IT WAS FOR HER INFORMATION (BEING A BAPTISTIZED CHRISTIAN) OR FOR ME TO BECOME STRONGER IN MY KNOWLEDGE. I STILL WONDER ABOUT THIS.
    MY POINT IS, WHEN SOMEONE IS "HURTING" PHYSICALLY OR MENTALLY WHICH REALLY GO HAND IN HAND, THEY ASK QUESTIONS.
    HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE TALKING TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE AND WHO LOVES YOU, TELLS YOU, THEY CAN'T STAY, THEY ARE TOO TIRED OF THIS WORLD AND WANT TO GO HOME. THAT'S A WOW!!
    YOU TRY EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER, BUT NOTHING IS IN YOUR POWER OR MINE.
    FAITH IS ALL WE NEED.
    THE RECENT HURRICANE IS PROOF OF FAITH, WE GRIEVE THE LOSSES AS WE GRIEVE SEPTEMBER 11, 2001 .........
    AS WE GRIEVE OUR SOLDIERS IN COMBAT......
    OUR WORLD IS IN BIG TROUBLE, AND GOD'S WRATH IS UPON US,
    HIS WORD SAYS: "IF MY PEOPLE WILL TURN FROM THEIR EVIL WAYS, AND FOLLOW ME, I WILL FORGIVE THEM AND HEAL THEIR LAND"
    I HAVE MY OWN "PITY" DAYS ALL BY MYSELF BEHIND CLOSED DOORS. JUST RESENTLY I ASKED FOR PRAYERS FOR FOUR PEOPLE, ONE WAS AN 4MONTH UNBORN BABY BOY. THE MOTHER HUNG HERSELF,HER BOYFRIEND SAVED HER, THE BOYFRIEND CAME TO MY HOME, WITH MY SON, BECAUSE WE CAN "RELATE", AND WE TALKED 'TILL THE SUN CAME OUT. SHE WAS LISTED CRITICAL, BUT STABLE, BABY TOO, NO BRAIN DAMAGE. THAT WAS A HOPE.
    TWO DAYS LATER AND THEY BOTH PASSED ON.
    GOD FORGIVE HER. YOU SEE, BEING DEPRESSED IS ONE THING,AND I HAVE TRIED TO "GET OUT OF MY PAIN" ( THAT WILL BE IN ANOTHER CHAPTER) I EVEN CRASHED AT OVER 100MPH IN A HIGH SPEED PURSUIT, THATS AN UNBELIVEABLE STORY ITSELF, BUT MY POINT IS, JESUS IS IN CONTROL AND I WAS NOT. I WILL NEVER ATTEMPT TO TAKE MY LIFE, I WILL TAKE THE PAIN AND TRY TO HELP OTHERS SEE THAT THEY ARE AS SPECIAL AS THE DAY THEY WERE CONCIEVED.TALKING OR WRITING ABOUT THOSE WE LOVE AND MISS, IT'S A HEALING PROCESS.
    IT HELPS OTHERS OPEN UP AND SHARE THEIR LOSSES,BECAUSE TO ME, LOSS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS CONSIDERED SOMETHING TO GRIEVE ABOUT. NOT FEELING "NORMAL", & HAVING TO EXPLAIN "WHY" ALL THE TIME, SAYING "I CAN'T TODAY HONEY" ALL THOSE THINGS WE MISS AS WE GROW OLDER WITH EACH DAY. WE COMFORT EACHOTHER AND LEARN WAYS TO USE SOMEONE ELSE'S GRIEF TO INLIGHTEN US & MAYBE "PULL" US THROUGH ANOTHER DAY.
    SOMETIMES EVEN THE GROCERY CLERK OR BANK TELLER- WILL SAY-"YOU SHOULD SMILE MORE, OR YOU LOOK LIKE YOU LOST YOUR BEST FRIEND" sometimes we must go out or we don't eat, i can't stay home until my face looks like it usually looks to them. Or maybe i heard a song over the loudspeaker at the grocery store, i was fine, but then, i am overwhelmed and just want to disapear into the air. YA JUST NEVER KNOW WHEN A PHYSICAL AILMENT MIGHT ATTACK AND YOU COUNT THE MINUTES UNTIL YOU CAN GET HOME. WHEN I WAS TOLD I HAD A SPINAL CORD DISEASE THAT WAS GOING TO CRIPPLE ME EVENTUALLY, I HELD MY HEAD UP UNTIL I WALKED (WHAT SEEMED LIKE FOREVER, GOING UP AND DOWN IN THE ELEVATOR, NOT SURE WHAT LEVEL I PARKED, I SHAKINGLY OPENED MY CAR DOOR, GOT INTO THE CAR AND BURST INTO TEARS. THATS WHY I SHARE. I ALSO KNOW WHEN NOT TO SPEAK. I ALSO SAY, "I'M FINE THANKS HOW U DOIN"?
    BUT THATS ME.

I JUST WANT TO SAY...TODAY AND EVERYDAY
    " IN LOVING MEMORY OF TWO OF MY FAVORITE FRIENDS,
    MY YOUNGER SISTER'S ... DEEANN & DANA LYNN

I KNOW THEY ARE WITH THE LORD IN HEAVEN OR I WOULD NOT TREAD ANOTHER DAY. I FEEL 100% ABOUT THIS, OR I WOULD BE A GONE'R. THERE IS A TIME AND A SEASON FOR EVERYTHING UNDER HEAVEN. KNOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONES ARE SAFE AND COULD NOT BE MORE LOVED BY BEING HOME...THIS IS NOT OUR HOME.
    I PRAY IN MY HEART FOR THOSE WHO SUFFER WITH HEARTACHE AND BODY ACHES. FOR WHAT EVER REASON WE MUST CARRY OUR CROSS, THANK GOD IT IS NOT AS HEAVY AS JESUS' CROSS.
    BLESSINGS TO ALL WHO READ THIS... WHOOOSH..blowing out the candle after much prayers. (it looks like a candle to me, cake or candle holder-I SEE THE ICON AS BOTH.

i will suggest if you are new to grief of a loved one,
    write a letter and tell them how you are feeling, put it in a book,AND a flower-ROSE PEDALS,A PANSY,SUNFLOWER etc. and let it flatten inside a book. seal it in celophane and put in your journal, you'll be so glad you did, i promise. just for you to read next year and see how far you have come.
    For the most part you won't remember the first 6 months to a year. i call that shock TIME. you may think you're doing okay, but you are not!
    then the grieving time, which in my case, forget about it.
    IT NEVER HAS EASED. I JUST COPE DAY TO DAY, & thats not easy missing two at a time. we were the three stooges.
    I FEEL WORSE WHEN I THINK ABOUT HOW MY PARENTS LIVE WITH THEIR SORROW. ** i'am sorry if i brought you down, but my
    intentions are to tell everyone, NEVER GIVE UP! NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAIN YOU ARE IN. REACH OUT SOMEONE WILL BE THERE.

PS- THANK YOU FRANCY- THAT WAS SWEET. LOVE & LIGHT TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY TOO.IT'S SO HARD. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND KNOW I WILL THINK OF YOU OFTEN.
    XX georgette
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2005]
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear hdbubblehead,
    I was thinking this morning that maybe the stress and sadness, combined with our DD's, works to inhibit sleep.

I have not been able to sleep much the past few days, either. Although I'm sleeping more than you are, I don't get to sleep until 2 or 3 in the mornng and then I awaken between 4 or 5.

I'm not taking sleep meds, or any meds that would make me drowsy, so what I do is take Tylenol and Sleepytime Tea (plain). That is how I'm getting to sleep nowadays.

Good luck . I hope you find a way to rest at night.
    Terry
  6. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

thanks for your kind words and thoughts.
    it has been another tuff week.
    take care........xx hd.

[ advertisement ]