SAMe: is it helping with your ME/CFIIDS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hubcap_halo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

Hello all,

My Doctor added SAMe to my Rich 5 regimen a month or two ago. I'm asking my gut if it's helping me and I'm not getting a clear signal.

I've looked up the research and, like a lot of supplements, there's evidence for it's helpfulness but it's not overwhelming. At least what I looked at.

As I've added some supplements---D-Ribose & The Energy Revitalization Powder--that definitely coincided with a boost in health, I'm trying to decide which other supps to keep on with.

It's getting expensive and I want to take only what's helping! The trick is, when my health, my remissions, come on so slowly it's hard to tell what's helping.

[This Message was Edited on 06/09/2008]
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

It's a keeper for me.
    I think a lot of this stuff works synergistically.. the sam-e .. the folates.. the b-12.

I hear you on the money thing. I spent about $12,000 last year out of pocket and the same the year before. Most on supps, some on testing and docs.

I spend hours, HOURS, surfing looking for cheaper sources than yasko. In fact, teh folks at CFS-yasko have a good crib sheet for cheap supps in the files section you shld check out.

Bottom line though, I feel like I cannot afford NOT to do this. For me, it's the road back.

Interesting about the energy revitalization powder. A lot of ppl feel the benefit from taht one. I shld look at it.

be well