SAMe product Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skippy007, Feb 10, 2007.

1. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

I saw this in Costco and was thinking of trying it - It seems a little pricey but. . . . . .
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

I've been taking it for years. First for the joint pain/weakness which it does work well for. Then I noticed my mood was normal. I'd been getting so irritable.

If I stop taking it, I start getting irritable within a few days. In fact, I have to take more in the winter than summer.

If you have bipolar tendencies, they say don't take it.
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

and it did not work.
    Mini
  4. kel589

kel589 New Member

Yes I tried it.It worked really good for me.It takes about 2 weeks till you get full effects.I could only take it in the morning it made it hard to sleep if I took it in the after noon.
  5. kjfms

kjfms Member

I tried SAMe several years ago and it did not do anything for me. For me the price was too high and the fact that I noticed no changes in two months was no reason to continue.

I hope is works for you and it very well may because everyone is different.

Best wishes,

Karen :)
  6. cct

cct Member

I have tried it, but I found that it made me very stressed out, nervous, and jumpy.

That is a very odd reaction considering that SamE is supposed to have the opposite effect.

One problem may have been with the particular brand that I used. I have noticed, in more that 15 years of using supplements, that I can have a bad reaction to a supplement from Company A and have a good recation from the same supplement from Company B.

I asked a physcian why I would have opposing reaction, and he told me that I was probably having a reaction to the fillers used by Company A and that Company B probably used different fillers.