SamE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kim, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Kim

Kim New Member

Hi, I've been trying some alternatives for depression, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia. I can't take antidepressants due to the side effects...they bother my heart and give me palpitations. Started SamE a few days ago and also taking B-12 shots, multiples, Bcomplex, other antioxidants, DHA, flax, primrose, lots of magnesium and 5HTP. Has anyone had experience with SamE? I'd love to hear about it. Kim
  2. Kim

Kim New Member

Hi, I've been trying some alternatives for depression, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia. I can't take antidepressants due to the side effects...they bother my heart and give me palpitations. Started SamE a few days ago and also taking B-12 shots, multiples, Bcomplex, other antioxidants, DHA, flax, primrose, lots of magnesium and 5HTP. Has anyone had experience with SamE? I'd love to hear about it. Kim
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

sam e helped me alittle i know a few that it helped alot i could not afford to keep taking it , st johns wort actually helped with my mood swings but i havent heard anyone eles say much about it, wish i could give you more info maybe someone eles will
  4. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

Bumping this up so others may comment on SamE.
    I just bought it, but haven't taken it yet. Would it make us feel a little happier, if that's possible with this DD? I don't have clinical depression and wouldn't dare take an SSRI.
    Tania
    [This Message was Edited on 10/15/2002]
  5. herblady

herblady New Member

i took it for a month. i helped my thinking a lot. and it does raise your mood. too much for me, unfortunately. i'm biplar. bipolars can't take this because it will make you manic. that's how well it lifts moods. cindi
  6. Kim

Kim New Member

I'm bipolar too but my manic episodes are very mild compared to my depressed episodes so I'm trying the SamE anyway. I've got to find something I can take. I'm back on the 5HTP even though one of the side effects is headaches and that's one of my major symptoms with the depression. I'm only taking 200 mg of SamE for this first week but I might bump it up next week.

I'd love to hear about whatever else has helped any of you besides antidepressants. A doctor gave me a non-theraputic dose of lithium (only 5 mg.) and said some people are deficient in lithium like they are in magnesium and this very low dose helps. I had a hair analysis which showed that both my magnesium and lithium are high so I'm not expecting much from the lithium and am not willing to try a theraputic dose for depression yet.

What about accupuncture and massage. I've tried them both with limited success but they are so expensive.

Thanks. This board has been a gift from God.

Kim
  7. kb_lowe

kb_lowe New Member

Hi, Kim & all out there!
    I took Sam e for 1 year with a great response! The problem is I am now off due to elevated liver enzymes, my physician thinks that was the cause. He said he had seen it a lot on the West Coast before moving to Fl & setting up practice.
    Becareful!
    Godbless
    Kathy